My 96 ej8

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has been awhile since i posted on here. Somethings have changed since April.

August 2014
How the front looks but the fogs are now taken off so i can work on the air box piping...

The difference between the wheels...

Jus in case anyone forgot the ESM 009R-SL specs are...
16x8 +20 front
16x9 +15 rear
205/40 tires all around

How she's driven most days... except to car meets when i put the Klutch wheels and other hood back on.

October 2014

Rear

Front so far

Got bored at work so I took a couple cell phone pics while outside smoking.

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No love in here... oh well just another update.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics but the front bumper is now done and installed. You can expect a proper paint job in the future after i save up since i might repaint the whole car.

Here is the completed custom air duct setup I made for my Yowai-SS Carbon Fiber Intake. I took the PWJDM carbon fiber air duct designed specifically for the JDM 1994-2001 DC2 Integra front bumper, and fabricated it to fit the SiR bumper.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not "no love", just not much activity around here lately :lol:

Looks good though! That duct fits pretty well actually.

If you repaint it, are you doing the same OE color?

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not "no love", just not much activity around here lately :lol:

Looks good though! That duct fits pretty well actually.

If you repaint it, are you doing the same OE color?
Thanks. Honestly i don't know about the paint color yet. The paint on the car isn't anywhere near bad condition but small scratches and swirl makes are visible. When i get back to the states ifi don't paint it then the whole car will get detailed very thoroughly.

P.S. Yeah i figured as much with the forum. Most forums are a very slow now a days due to social media. Also i'm usually on my other forum i follow and help moderate.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool idea for the intake, but it doesn't look completely sealed at the box portion. That would drop intake air velocity and temps. Nice seeing something different though.

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool idea for the intake, but it doesn't look completely sealed at the box portion. That would drop intake air velocity and temps. Nice seeing something different though.

It's not quite supposed to be completely sealed. The setup is used for a forced induction type of setup. You need to have ways for the excess air to escape the box. The cooler air that passes through is directly fed to the actual intake filter not into the intake system. There is also an inline Uni air filter to keep water and debris out of the intake area.

Sent from the iDerrty using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not quite supposed to be completely sealed. The setup is used for a forced induction type of setup. You need to have ways for the excess air to escape the box. T
Sent from the iDerrty using Tapatalk
This design works exactly the same a factory air intake except the air is drawn from outside of the engine bay rather than inside where it's hotter. On any oem and 90% of aftermarket intakes that utilize a chamber, there is not an outlet for excess air to escape. The reason behind that is to have a mass flow of air more readily available when on and off the accelerator, thus retaining a good throttle response. Room for air to escape the chamber would also mean that there is room for warmer, less dense air to be drawn into the intake as well.

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I'm back in the states now and really have changed anything except for the new CF hood.

Jus some pics I threw together today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm liking your direction with it all. Your choices are blending in better and better. I must admit the carbon fiber hood is a huge upgrade from the decaled hood, but I'm not a fan of excessive decals. Keep up the good work.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any plans on painting all or part of the hood, maybe decal the raised center only if thats still your thing? Have you considered upgrading your taillight bulbs to high intensity LEDs? Id be a shame to see this nice build get rear-ended by some fool that didnt see those dim lights clearly.

DerrtyByrd

Respected
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. Na I'm not painting it or adding any stickers to it. I agree about the upgrade part. This is what I had planned from the beginning it was just never at the top of the build list. As for the taillights they already have LED bulbs. They are pretty bright when the brake is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Garcia

Beautiful car DerrtyByrd! What suspension are you on? I have the exact same wheel setup and planning to use as a daily.