My AutoX '95 EX

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Nice ride, I plan to focus on building my suspension before I swap or do a build up of my D. I recently got coilovers and a front camber kit, what would be the next best upgrade? tower bars? sway bars? does it matter? this is just my DD but I'm just not happy with the ride, any info would be great, thanks.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice ride, I plan to focus on building my suspension before I swap or do a build up of my D. I recently got coilovers and a front camber kit, what would be the next best upgrade? tower bars? sway bars? does it matter? this is just my DD but I'm just not happy with the ride, any info would be great, thanks.
What coilovers did you get(and spring rates) and what camber kit did you get?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump.. wow it's been a while.

I got a Buddy Club seat rail for that Sparco seat, still have yet to install though. Haven't driven the car a whole lot and haven't had much time to do any work on it.

but, I did get to play with the car yesterday a bit at a BMW school I setup/instructed at. Asked a friend to snap some shots while I was setting up and testing the course with my car.

Students lined up =)

Little bit of looking ahead and 3 wheeling

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin good!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Geez... been a while.. I believe that last post of pictures from the school was the last time I did an autox with this car. Just did another BMW autox school with my '95 to stretch its legs a little bit and have some fun. I took these pictures this time with my new camera.

Duckie had fun in the back seat =)

Wish I could drive this car more but I do use my '91 Si for more competitive events and I have very little time otherwise to drive my '95 even just around town. I think I only put between like 2-3k miles on it last year, if that.. Oh well. Still my baby and love this car to death.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Always liked this car. Great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. Nothing new... All of my time/money has gone towards my '91 Si to make it more competitive. The only thing sort of in plan for this car is a paint job. Which still probably won't happen for a long time. This car has basically turned into my rare weekend drive-around-town car and occasionally taking it to autox schools for fun. As far as any performance mods go, the car is done. Has everything I want/need for it already. Waaay in the future I'll do a K24 swap with the help of Karcepts but that's definitely not happening any time soon.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Little update... As mentioned in my previous post, I haven't been doing much with this car sadly. I'd love to run it more and build it up more but all my efforts are going into my '91 Si. But that's not to say I still don't have fun with this car from time to time and still thoroughly enjoy driving it to its limits =).

A couple months ago I noticed the car losing brake fluid from the reservoir. I found that it was loosing fluid right from the master cylinder. Turned out to be a bad seal that is where the master cylinder and booster meet. I have a feeling this started to leak because the car had been sitting without moving for quite a long time :-/. But, quick and easy fix and now I try to drive the car at least once a week or more when I get a chance.

Took the car out to a local BMW club meet a while back

With the 2013 season slowing down and I already locked in season championship wins for my classes with my '91 Si, I decided to bring my '95 out to stretch its legs at a couple of events. It's still a boat load of fun, plenty fast =)

Unfortunely no actions shots... I'm like the local photographer for autox and no one else has been taking pics that I can find... :(. But I do have video.
[YOUTUBE="http://youtu.be/9Sadqn_mGLM"]9Sadqn_mGLM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://youtu.be/bthmhin9VoM"]bthmhin9VoM[/YOUTUBE]