My check engine light is on - how do I find the USB to hook it up for scanning?

shanekryme

Hi,

My check engine light is on. Where do I locate the USB port in my car to hook it up to a scan tool? I looked and couldn't locate it.

Thanks

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uh, assuming you posted this in the 6th gen section because you have a 6th gen, I'll start out by saying you do not have a USB port for scanning.

There's an OBD2 port under the dash near the driver's side kick panel, under the fuse box. OR if you do not have a scan tool, you can loop the service jump under the dash by the passenger side kick panel and count the long / short flashes and look that up.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are we supposed to guess as to what you are working on? As per the rules, you need to include the car, model, and any upgrades done to the car in EVERY thread you start.

BTW, there isnt a usb port. NO car has a usb port for a scan tool. They dont work that way.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are we supposed to guess as to what you are working on? As per the rules, you need to include the car, model, and any upgrades done to the car in EVERY thread you start.

BTW, there isnt a usb port. NO car has a usb port for a scan tool. They dont work that way.

Dont worry Lethal. Wreckless already answered the broad question.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont worry Lethal. Wreckless already answered the broad question.
Figured it was better than posting a popcorn smiley just to pad my post count. Might as well put something into it, right? Oh wait...forgot, thats your thing. :lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Figured it was better than posting a popcorn smiley just to pad my post count. Might as well put something into it, right? Oh wait...forgot, thats your thing. :lol:

:popcorn:

:what: ive been doing a lot of :what: 's lately and some :cool: 's also :thumbs up

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad im not the only one who has noticed this.

if you want you can look for an obd2 bluetooth adapter then you can read the codes with a pc, if not then i would just jump the service connector like stated. search google on "how to pull civic cel codes" or something along those lines

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
glad im not the only one who has noticed this.

if you want you can look for an obd2 bluetooth adapter then you can read the codes with a pc, if not then i would just jump the service connector like stated. search google on "how to pull civic cel codes" or something along those lines

:popcorn: