My EH6 Build, probably gonna be a slow one.

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm back again after trading my ek hatch for a 94 del sol si. The del sol was gonna be a project but after I lost compression in one motor, head gasket on another and a rust problem that just kept getting worse so fast, I called it quits and sold it, but not before buying another sol. Got my hands on a red '93 del sol si this time around.
I found it on craigslist and bought it for $1.300, unmolested.

I'm the 3rd owner, the first was the guys uncle who bought it new in 93 all the way til 2013 then sold it to his nephew who owned it for a whole 500 miles. It had a bad head gasket so it wouldn't run. But the previous owner had the head sent to a shop for a cleaning and full rebuild. He then had a BMW mechanic do the head gasket. Which he f***ed up, the gasket wasn't even on correctly.

IG: chikunstripzz

Red 1993 Civic Del Sol SI
128,XXX miles

Mods
Engine:
AEM cold air intake
Neuspeed strut bar

Suspension:
Function&Form Type 1 coilovers
Skunk2 rear LCA's
BWR subframe brace

Old hatch

Old EH6

New EH6 the night I bought it

As it is right now

I'll update with progress pics and future mods and updates when I have a chance to go through the rest of the pics tomorrow.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How come I can't come up on deals like this! I can barely get a rolling shell for that much out here! Good come up!

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
It was a steal the guy spent around $700 the month before on parts/labor too. Hell, I picked up my old hatch for $700 then traded that for the black eh6 and the guys put $200 on top. Sometimes you just gotta low ball lmao

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
First thing first, had to redo the head gasket.

I cleaned the block and head off unlike the mechanic before me, just don't know where the pic is

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Got it running and was fine until the snow came.
Driving home from work after filling up the gas a rock was shot under my car on the highway and this happened to the gas tank. Lost a 1/4 tank driving ten miles.

Then found this intake on craigslist for $60

Got a momo wheel for cheap from a buddy

Also found red zig zags in awesome condition on craigslist for $35 to add to the collection

Small theft measure going in this weekend