my ej1 build thread

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good all squeaky clean. should try the clay bar sometime. time consuming but well worth it. and im jealous. everything i want to do to mine exterior wise you have and im looking forward to getting mine done. oem spoiler, black housing headlights, and hood bra. looks sexy.
yeah man i definitely should lol. well you got the side markers which i still need to get. next things i'm trying to get exterior wise are mud gaurds and window visors.

Your car makes me wanna keep mine, its clean!!!... But not sure yet, i rather sell it and get 73 VW beetle, nice car man...
thanks man! =)

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t. i forgot about the mud gaurds. thats on my list for this summer too. im not a big fan of the window visors on the coupes just yet. will probably grow on me though.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was never fond of the 5th gen until i got mine. now i dont think there is any other generation civic i would ever want.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was never fond of the 5th gen until i got mine. now i dont think there is any other generation civic i would ever want.
same here, i always wanted a 6th gen but the money situation led me to the 5th gen, and now i love it. same thing with amber corners, fogs, hood bra, etc.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no surprise.. i was supposed to pick up a full b18c1 swap tonight but i got flaked on..

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it sucks hard man! hopefully i can source a swap soon. i can get a full b18 swap with everything for 1800 picked up, so i might settle with that, but also in negotiation for a b18c1 for 1400 full swap too. will update when i know of something

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
found a b16 swap with motor and hydro tranny, new racing clutch, vision performance chipped ecu, and harness and all, for 1400. all i need to get is shifter linkage and one of the shafts, which i'm sure i could get for 150 bucks tops. so really, 1500 or so for a full b16 swap =) im 90% buying this.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont have any updates on the motor quite yet, but i did go out and snap some pics today =) lemme know what ya'll think

i like 11 the best imo, but let me know what you guys think!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bought a b16a2 today =) needs a dizzy cap, shift linkage, a spark plug wire, and belts. but for 1400 i could care less :p should be pulling my d thursday

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
big upgrade. looking forward to seeing pics of the swap!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
big upgrade. looking forward to seeing pics of the swap!
yeah man, the swap wont be anything special until i can afford to spend some money on some red wrinkle paint and some small things but none the less i will post pics!

I like # 11 best and looking forward to pics of the new B16
yeah i agree, and don't worry there will be pics! hopefully by sunday or monday depending on my timeline this week

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just been chipping away at the motor here. replaced the dizzy cap, ac belt, ps belt, alt belt, and ac idler pulley and hardware. pulled off the valve cover and the motor is clean as a mofo, which is always good, and it has a honda oil filter on it which is nice to see too. still gotta find a shifter linkage for it, and 1 spark plug wire, then im good to go.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics? sounds like your making some good progress.
okay so BIG UPDATE =) today i got the d out, with everything along with it. put the b16 and lsd tranny together, installed the chipped ecu, and got the motor into my car, currently its sitting on the mounts but no axles, shifter, or anything else on it. heres a quick pic i snapped with the blackberry :lol:

also removed the ac and compressor and all, i got windows, i'll be fine aha

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice swap for 1400... I like my b16 but I've gotten used to it and I want mooor.