My EK/Ej Civic HB rebuild to V6 powered 56k beware

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's a beautiful car. Is there a video of you driving it and hitting vtec?

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn! You made that swap look so easy. Make sure you keep that info and pics hosted forever, as I might need them when I build the courage to do it. Big ups to you bro!

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
the torque with that must feel as good as finding the 4th hole

plan on going any further performance wise? There are more and more of these swaps happening you would think someone might start looking into cams and hondata getting into j series. I think you can use AEM EMS but you have to wire in everything for the other two cylinders, or maybe it was one of the hondata systems and wires them in. Either way, Id start looking for a place under the car for a rear mount setup.

Civic Virtue

ooo another CO member! Took me half an hour to go through the reading/pictures, well worth it!

Very nice build, but now it's already complete and you need something else to occupy all your free time!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm jealous bro, thats a sick swap. Ur car is definitely one of my favorites now haha.

FerioEk247

the nerd/geek
sick as hell! love the time you put into it!
thanks, well i want to make sure i do it right the first time :D
Sick With It
thanks
Very nice, is this a swap that can be done to a 5th gen, or is it 6th gen only?
yes you can do it to 5th gen aswell. same process, as for wiring. only difference is different cars. none the less it is very easy to do.

Damn! You made that swap look so easy. Make sure you keep that info and pics hosted forever, as I might need them when I build the courage to do it. Big ups to you bro!
no problem ill be keeping it up forever or at least forever lol. but yea if you have any question on how to swap or get started let me know. ill be glad to answer what q's you have. :D
the torque with that must feel as good as finding the 4th hole

plan on going any further performance wise? There are more and more of these swaps happening you would think someone might start looking into cams and hondata getting into j series. I think you can use AEM EMS but you have to wire in everything for the other two cylinders, or maybe is was one of the hondata systems and wires them in. Either way, Id start looking for a place under the car for a rear mount setup.
lol, it fun as heck, first time i drove it, instantly floored it, and scared the chit out of me hahah.
AEM did come out with an EMS V2 just for j swaps. but since not much more programming is out there for tuning just yet for it. They have some performance part out so far, but since this V6 swap info is kept on the DL by many. i wanted to reveal all what is needed to fire it up. All giving away for free from me ^^

i was looking into the newer 6 speed trannys AWD, and i want to sink some more money to do an AWD civic V6 swap.. that would be awesome! as of right now, im just enjoying the V6 engine for now as a DD.

ooo another CO member! Took me half an hour to go through the reading/pictures, well worth it!

Very nice build, but now it's already complete and you need something else to occupy all your free time!
im glad you enjoy my build thread!, well i total swapped it in all complete hours/days is 2 days of wiring, and 3 days of actual swapping. i wish i had more time though, i build Iron man suits and do P90X n.n

FerioEk247

the nerd/geek
just installed a traction bar kit with my J swap EKJ2 mounts, and it clears. the difference in performance is like night and day. more go then tire sqeel. will post pictures later today.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I'm gonna go ahead and say you know what you're doing haha this is nuts! So many props to give. Great work. :nanahitit:

FerioEk247

the nerd/geek
Moar pictures!

well since sun finally came out, i took some pictures after i washed my car. also update pictures with my new 17 Volk Racking time attack C28n replica's wheels for better engine oil pan clearance and grip...

enjoy

front view

angle view

side view

rear

engine

upgraded the short ram to CAI.

new shift knob

Traction bar kit installed

now on to the fun informative pictures. these are ground clearance pictures.

lowest point seen is the Cl catalytic converter

used a spray can to show ground clearance from transmission side, sorry i misplaced my measuring tape.

used a spray can to show ground clearance from oil pan side, sorry i misplaced my measuring tape.

emerican

Registered VIP
Definly one of my favorite cars on here now that ive read throuhg it all man, very good work not only is it a v6 swapped civic, but its all been done right and no corners cut i love it. And the decals defintly arent rice since you actually got it in their lol.

alex_n/a

stocker
I've been skipping this thread but I'm glad I finally checked it out. Nice engine swap and overal a clean build. Would like to check this out one day in person.

FerioEk247

the nerd/geek
I've been skipping this thread but I'm glad I finally checked it out. Nice engine swap and overal a clean build. Would like to check this out one day in person.
sure, when car meet/show season is back ill be sure to be there :D

Definly one of my favorite cars on here now that ive read throuhg it all man, very good work not only is it a v6 swapped civic, but its all been done right and no corners cut i love it. And the decals defintly arent rice since you actually got it in their lol.
thanks! to me i like to do things right the first time!