My Em2 Is Getting Tired

jmiranda17

Hi People, I Have Had My Em2 For Over 5 Years Now. It Recently Started Making Weird Engine Noises Every Time I Step On The Gas, Do Any Of You Have Any Idea What It Could Be?

I Don't Wanna Lose Him :(:cry::cry:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Need more details. What kind of noises? Sputtering, backfiring? Ticking, whining? Any loss of power? Check engine lights?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going to need more information than that. This could literally be ANYTHING.

I suggest taking it to a mechanic because diagnosing sounds over the internet is a guessing game. You can't "read" a sound.

This is as vague as saying "my house burned to the ground, you guys know how it started"?

jmiranda17

It Loss Power, The Noise Pretty Much Sounds Like Boiling Water Although My Radiator Is Full.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boiling water...? That's a new one. Is it only under acceleration?

jmiranda17

Yes, It Used To Take Off Pretty Fast But Now It's Just Like Killing Me.
I Cant Go Pass 80mph, And Even If I Do It Takes For Ever

Can I Be Able To Swap A B18 In It?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I just went through this and its gonna get worse.prepair to get the motor rebuilt or just buy a new one.its gonna do this for some more weeks then youll shift into 5th gear at 80 then itll drop to 60 and youll hear a loud pop sound and a rod is gonna break and go through the block.your symptoms are exactly what i just delt with .so get prepaired for a fix or new motor.because its gonna get worse .im telling you right i just delt with this,and got a new motor .your losing compression in the cylinders and somthings bad now and soon if its not broke it Will be.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2