My first 2000 Civic Lx Sedan

Ryanabn82

hello everyone my name is Ryan
New to Club Civic but not new to the Hondas...During fours years in the Army I financed and eventually paid off the only car I could afford at the time - 2005 Altima(first automatic) I now live in California and a buddy of mine found this sedan for 900$ and hooked me up with 100#/mo payments...This thing is immaculate. has two previous owners EVERY receipt kept dating back to 1999. garage kept and granny driven...for 200,000 it ran better then the Altima at 70,000...only downfall is its an automatic...So now Im deciding which route to go with this thing...Ill be around the boards a lot looking mostly at how it could look one day..and of course how much power I can get out of the sedan...
by the way works I did return the paper filter for the K&N drop in..

11.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 10.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 11.jpg 9.jpg

Attachments

daperez13

Respected
Congratulations Ryan, the car does look pretty clean; you can't beat that for $900 bucks. Usually, sedans are not preferred over coupes for performance mods, especially automatics. However, it's all about preference and taste. I've seen some sweet looking sedans with plenty of get-up. Lucky for you, there's a lot of options to go with for this year and model.

Depending on your budget, you can do whatever you wish to it. Keep the current engine and change to a manual trans, or do a complete engine swap. Then you have to consider your power goals and reliability - all motor or forced induction. Ask yourself if this will be a daily or a weekender.

I'd hate to see this clean sedan being fitted with a shitty body kit and 17 inch chrome rims, 3 different color schemes and a big ass wing. Keep us posted as you unleash your ideas on this baby. Thank you for your service, I have faith in you!

Ryanabn82

Well,
Still in the market for the project Honda
In the meantime I can't help but tinker with it...did a nice tune up and found a pair of black inserts for the headlights and some new bulbs...and after some googling now I'm considering a transmission swap at least (auto is driving me crazy

Attachments