My headlights looked awful so I did something about it.....

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure this has been covered time and time again but whatever. My headlight were hazy and just plain looked like s**t. No amount of cleaner was going to help me so I decided to go ahead and wetsand and polish them. Here's the results:

How they looked (I don't think I need to explain) :crook: :

I started with some 800 grit after a quick cleaning to remove any loose dirt. I went in a diagonal motion like this >/ then I reversed \. I prefer to hand sand personally but I guess you could use some sort of tool.

Then went to 1000 grit (same procedures, I'd say I spent about 20-30 mins on each grit/each light:

Then moved up 1500:

Then 2000 grit:

Then finally I hit with a buffer and some plastic polish and finished with some wax.

Comparo pic of the one that is done on the other that I hadn't started:

She looks happy now :P

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this has def been covered several times before with several dif methods, but its always nice to see some before and afters. I think I am going to do mine sometime this week because they need some love too

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jezek said:
Mr. Fix It.

:lol:

LOL, I've been going out of my mind b/c both of my toys are off the road so now instead of driving, I'm doing the little things that have been annoying me. I'm waiting on some parts for the good stuff though. :lol:

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
When I tried this, they looked like the 2000 grit pic but I couldnt fix them...

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill be doing this to but aslso oping them up and painting them , good job though

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, I'm gonna have to do this on the hx im picking up, the lights are extremely foggy.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats pretty cool, I should really do some sanding, but Im way too lazy for that s**t.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
YaY! Yipeee EBP with clean headlights FTW

I think I'm gonna make a post testing water for my Depo Ion Headlights in my 99.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That easy ehh? Good job. Going to have to do this before winter hits... =)

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
That easy ehh? Good job. Going to have to do this before winter hits... =)
Yea, this is the first time I've ever wet sanded anything so I'm happy with the results.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sodee said:
When I tried this, they looked like the 2000 grit pic but I couldnt fix them...
Did you polish them with a buffer and some plastic polish? A buffer (even a cheapy $20.00 one) is key for the final step.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good, i need to go and do that to my headlights

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
mines looked the same way but all i did was just water sand 1000 and buff still worked the same