my heater doesnt work!!!!

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does ne one know why my heater wouldnt blow out warm air?

edit: it works it was the mix cable it was on full cold my climate controll knob was broke so i took it out and put the mix on full hot then moved my controls to the glovebox....

Last edited:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolle said:
Check your anitfreeze levels first. if there isnt enough juice, you wont get heat........!!!

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Check your anitfreeze levels first. if there isnt enough juice, you wont get heat........!!!
i have antifreeze good thermostat my fans dont run all the time my engine warms up quick i just have no heat its just luke warm barely defrosts the windows

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolle said:
i have antifreeze good thermostat my fans dont run all the time my engine warms up quick i just have no heat its just luke warm barely defrosts the windows
Umm, my only other guess would be your water pump starting to go...Check the water pump see if its starting to seep??? I dont know. Heater core shot....Just guessing sorry bro.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Umm, my only other guess would be your water pump starting to go...Check the water pump see if its starting to seep??? I dont know. Heater core shot....Just guessing sorry bro.
i just replaced the timing belt and water pump, my heater controls are broke i have the valve on the other side of the firewall turned on but, is there somthing else i noticed two cables going to the heater control knob on the back of the climate controls i guess i could always check the heater core...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SOme water pumps are bad out of the parts store.....but i doubt its that....did u bleed the air out of the cooling system?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ANd the fact that your knobs are jacked up probably doesnt help matters much... yeah be sure the valve or whatever u r talking about IS actually turned on and u r getting flow through the system.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
SOme water pumps are bad out of the parts store.....but i doubt its that....did u bleed the air out of the cooling system?
bled the system yes, oem honda water pump better not be bad...

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
ANd the fact that your knobs are jacked up probably doesnt help matters much... yeah be sure the valve or whatever u r talking about IS actually turned on and u r getting flow through the system.
im getting flow air gets warm but not very...

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its ur heater motor... if it works but blows out cold air.... dose ne1 know if a 88-91 heater motor would work in a 92-95 hatch??? i dunna my 90 hatch seems 2 get warmer faster.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
heater motor doesn't control temp, just teh speed the s**t is blown out at, but no, they are not interchangable.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
heater motor doesn't control temp, just teh speed the s**t is blown out at, but no, they are not interchangable.

i always though that it blew out heat.. learn new things everyday i guess

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nope it's just a fan that shove it outta the vents.

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
U sure you got the knob/switch in the engine bay opened all the way? I know that is the manual way to do it but just check lol. Sounds like you have air in system. Bleed again. If there is air in the system it will not get as hot for vents even if engine is hot.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
josh austin said:
U sure you got the knob/switch in the engine bay opened all the way? I know that is the manual way to do it but just check lol. Sounds like you have air in system. Bleed again. If there is air in the system it will not get as hot for vents even if engine is hot.

Josh
umm, i'm not the one with the heating problem, so why quote me,lol.

Last edited:

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolle said:

1st check fluid levels, next check lines and hoses, next check the thermostat which is what it is. when the car first starts the engine isnt at operating temp. so the water in the pockets of the block are heating and the thermostat is closed so that no water from your lines and radiator can get in. this is so you car can reach operating tempature. when the car reachs operating temp the thermostat will open and the colder coolant will flow in. in the thermostat there is a wax pin that expands when the water gets to operating temp. your thermostat isnt opening and closing so get a new one. alot of people think that the coolant is always running from the radiator to the block but its not. i saw 1 person say to check coolant level but if there wasnt enough coolant then the car would run very very hot. and your car would still blow hot air but the block would not cool.
any other q's just ask im here.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blazinrex said:
1st check fluid levels, next check lines and hoses, next check the thermostat which is what it is. when the car first starts the engine isnt at operating temp. so the water in the pockets of the block are heating and the thermostat is closed so that no water from your lines and radiator can get in. this is so you car can reach operating tempature. when the car reachs operating temp the thermostat will open and the colder coolant will flow in. in the thermostat there is a wax pin that expands when the water gets to operating temp. your thermostat isnt opening and closing so get a new one. alot of people think that the coolant is always running from the radiator to the block but its not. i saw 1 person say to check coolant level but if there wasnt enough coolant then the car would run very very hot. and your car would still blow hot air but the block would not cool.
any other q's just ask im here.
yeah, i have new thermostat the valve on the fire wall is open all the way coolant isnt low the air blows out hard so i know there cant be some kind of blockage on the heater core what im thinking is that the mixer vent used to mix cold and hot air is stuck closed so that no air is blowing through the heater core i havent check it yet but ill let you know what i find out...