My honda Wipers are not working

Walter Puell

Hey guy i need help bad my Honda civic 1998 has a wiper problem i'm wondering if it has a relay it does wanna work at all i change the wiper motor nothing i change the switch nothing i even change the fuses nothing so i'm left in the air last thing least i'm wondering if it has a relay help would be greatly appreciate everyone thank you

Walter Puell

Drakon i was looking at that so is that located underneath my steering wheel by the fuses and its a sedan not a coupe is it all the same??

Walter Puell

An inexpensive multimeter would have been a much wiser investment than replacing parts randomly.

Start here:

Use the multimeter to test whether voltage from fuse 26 reaches pin 4 of the switch connector and pin 4 of the motor connector.

View attachment 29269
An inexpensive multimeter would have been a much wiser investment than replacing parts randomly.

Start here:

Use the multimeter to test whether voltage from fuse 26 reaches pin 4 of the switch connector and pin 4 of the motor connector.

View attachment 29269
Hey brother not sure what I'm looking at or how to start that ?

Drakon543

Boofoo is much better with this stuff. Also boofoo is trying to help zero in where the signal is being lost. The fuse for the wipers check to see if there is voltage going through the fuse. On the connector that plugs into the wiper switch look for pin 4 from his electrical diagram he posted and check for voltage there. Also on the connector that plugs into the wiper check the #4 pin there as well. If he knows where your losing power to the motor he can tell you what to replace. Just a bit more expanded version of what boofoo wants you to do.