my interior fuse box is confusing (pic)

yakobm

For a 1994 Honda Civic DX Hatch. I need to replace at least the dome light fuse, or so I think. But the diagram that came with the car doesn't really match up with what the fuse box shows...

I don't know if I have the wrong diagram or if somebody before me had no idea what they were doing when they replaced fuses.

RonJ

Banned
Members say to themselves "I wonder what year and trim Civic this guy owns"?

yakobm

Apologies. I always leave important sh*t out.

1994 Civic DX Hatch

I'll put it in the first thread as well

RonJ

Banned
7.5A fuse 3.

Click the Garage feature at the top and input your car info.

RonJ

Banned
To avoid a dangerous and destructive fire, install fuses with the recommended amp rating into each slot.

yakobm

Done and done.

Fuse 3 meaning third from the left, top row?

edit: nevermind, the first picture you posted didn't show up at first.

Hmm. So someone before me put the wrong fuse in?

RonJ

Banned
Fourth from the left, starting with spare fuse slot, bottom row. It currently has a 15A fuse installed.

yakobm

Ok, so I replaced the 15a with a 7.5a -- nada. I'm not even sure if the dome light assembly I have is the correct one for my car, but I figured it should work anyways. Is there something I can replace from the under-the-hood fuse box?

yakobm

I don't have a multi-meter. Would I be able to visually inspect the 50A fuse to see if it's blown?

RonJ

Banned
Do you have a test light or can you get one? They're only a few bucks. Then again you buy a digital multimeter for $3 at Harbor Freight Tools. I can post a sale coupon, if you wish.

Visual inspection of fuses doesn't always identify them as blown, so it's a little risky.

yakobm

I'll have to pick one up in the next few days. I'll come back to this thread if the fuse turns out to not be the problem. Thanks for the help.

yakobm

i tested the wires on the inside and they were both around 12.7...

i bought a defective domelight? or maybe i got the wrong one for my car.

yakobm

hmm... i don't follow you. dome light socket... that sticks out the head liner? haha sorry you lost me.

RonJ

Banned
The dome light bulb plugs into the socket. The socket has power and ground terminals. Check whether the power terminal has voltage to body ground. If so, then check whether the ground terminal has continuity to body ground.