ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice crib man. Is that a platform bed? Those are the ONLY way to go. I got one in my room.
Yeah. I really like it. Only bad thing is I have a pillow top mattress and I'm short so Its fun getting in and out of but oh well. Looks good and its comfortable.

Thanks Vic.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just read through the entire thread, very nice job man the house looks a million times better. Be thankful your dad knows what he does and is willing to help you out! Ive been living in my new house for 2 months now and havent really started working on it yet due to right to redemption since it was a foreclosure. Going to wait a year then start getting some work done. Again, nice job!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. I actually didn't live in for over a year while I renovated. Wanted to get the main part of the house done so I didn't have to deal with it later.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I haven't updated this for a while. Been doing some work in the last few weeks. Don't have any pictures but got pot lights installed in the hall so I can see.

Moved the utility sink, put in all new copper lines, new faucet, outdoor faucet, washer hookup box, dryer vent tube and outside cover, and PVC pipes

Insulated the attic

Hung my outdoor speakers on the deck and hooked them up to my surround sound.

Been working on cleaning up the back yard. Cleared some limbs of the house without hitting the house. Just a slow process back there. Finally got my dad's chainsaw and chipper shredder this weekend so I can move faster on it.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where in Cincy are you located?

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Where in Cincy are you located?
As of right now I live in Bond Hill because my mom pays like $300 a month rent on a house my Great Uncle owns, but because her and her bf both work up north they are looking to move up to West Chester. This whole moving kinda sucks for me because I got to UC and I don't have the funds to move out so my trip to school is going to take forever now.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just got into this thread again, have you thought about stripping the rafters in the living room? you have such nice floors, it would go really well stripping them and finishing them. also in your utility room, that is a very interesting p-trap you have installed, what was the reason for the design and not buying a standard p-trap kit?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh never mind i see why its like that... its exterior. are those valves exposed or in the wall? i am curious to why you put them there?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just got into this thread again, have you thought about stripping the rafters in the living room? you have such nice floors, it would go really well stripping them and finishing them. also in your utility room, that is a very interesting p-trap you have installed, what was the reason for the design and not buying a standard p-trap kit?
I wish I could strip the rafters. They are just foam though so I can't do that. Wish I could though. I am honestly not a fan of them so down the road they may come down anyway. Yeah, it is on an external wall. It looks goofy cause it comes down and the cold splits and goes to the outside faucet, the washer, and the utility sink. A lot going on in that little area but it works well. Have the washer and dryer in there on an angle.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Little update. Had 9 trees taken down today for only $800. Can't complain at all. I told them to just drop them and cut them to firewood size pieces. Said they would be back Monday for a bit. Not sure if they will stack in anywhere or what but for $800 and 9 trees I can't complain if they don't.

Toward the beginning

Oh, don't mine me. Just climbing a tree...

All down

And by days end. They will be back Monday to finish a few things up.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trees increase property value, lower energy bills, and those trees didnt seem to be "in the way", but its not my property.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why did they come down
More usable space and easier to mainain I would suspect.

And damn import you could have a pond dug back there too lol
Took a few out cause they were close to the house and I am in need of a new roof soon. A few were taken out cause they were dead. Nothing was taken due to space.

I could have a pond but I don't really want the maintenance. I have a hot tub that has sat in my garage not hooked up for almost 2 years cause I don't want the maintenance or added utility costs.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Thanks to this thread I am now in search of a platform bed for my new room! lol Or I might just build one.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
I plan on it unless I find a nice one thats a lil cheap on craigslist.

If you are looking for cheap, yes. I don't remember the price but I know mine was expensive. I don't think they would be that hard to build either.
Yeah I went to IKEA and they are $200+ w/o the slats and none of them are exactly what I am looking for a found a leather one on craigslist for $200 but I still don't think I wanna pay that much lol So I was thinking about building it myself and then wrapping it in leather or a synthetic leather.