My slow and steady build thread! 2000 Civic Si

Snuffy

Hey guys, just picked this up last night off of a buddy of mine! I'll give you a bit of history on the car, and also explain what my goals are with the car!

My friend bought the car from an old man completely bone stock in spring of 2010. since that time, it's had a D16y8 that shot a piston through the block, a b16a2 that I have no information on, and had a k20 in it for summer of 2013.

Now as you'll see in the pics, it's completely stripped down and ready for its 2nd complete rebuild! (had one done when he first got the car). The car has 34x xxx kilometers on the body, and (as the pictures show) very very little rust considering I live in New Brunswick, on the east coast of Canada!

[URL="[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2461k6x.jpg[/IMG]"][/URL]

My plans are basically to clean everything up, obviously put the missing panels onto it, lower it, put it on some nice wheels & tires, and drop *insert engine here* into it! hopefully you guys want to follow along =)

Snuffy

So over the past little while I've started at my new job, while i'm in the buffer zone of waiting for paycheques to start and so on, I've been working on tearing what little bits were left on the civic, off! I removed the single coil over that was left on the car and replaced it with the oem strut that was there before it, and I have gutted the interior down to the metal to repair the hole in the floor.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
i don't think new brunswick could be worst than quebec for winters lol!
good luck with the project.