MYDAYLY's EJ8 Build

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
purchased this 2000 EX Coupe for my DD

new to modifying and the honda world, will learn with time.

How the car looked when I bought it:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I cleaned out that dusty/dirty engine bay, took a good 2 and half hours. I plasti-dipped the intake for a bit of practice.

image.jpg image.jpg

I removed the rust and dust from the stock steelies and plasti dipped them matte black. Also added on some paint match lugs

image.jpg

Painted my engine valve cover, intake, manifold cover and a bunch of other choice parts with high temp VHT engine enamel Neon Green and Gloss Black
I also added in some neon green silicon tubing from eBay:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I debadged that bi***!!!
And found out that apparently this car has no clear coat on it. Definitely needs a new paint job

image.jpg
image.jpg

I have decided to paint the interior of the headlight housing black.

image.jpg

Here's the headlight after being sanded down and cleared! =)

image.jpg image.jpg

Well I decided to modify my OEM grill thanks to a few parts from Lowe's ;)

Here's the grill I finished working on:

image.jpg
image.jpg

I took out the ugly stock front seats because they had cigarette burns and were worn out. Threw in some much cleaner seats from an older civic on craigslist. Got em' for $50 and they bolted right in

image.jpg

Here are the old nasties:

image.jpg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Got my S Tech Lowering Springs in the mail the other day! Gonna use them with my stock struts. image.jpg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up Excited to see what these springs look like on the car. I was thinking about getting these for my car, but I'd also have to get some struts. So debating whether or not I should save the extra $200 and get coils, or just get new struts/springs. Anyway, I'll be here for those future pictures. :woot:
Nice I'll keep you posted!
I got the springs for $144.00 shipped. From tunersports.com on the clubcuvic homepage. The drop will be around 1.7 inches all around. That's plenty for me.

I found a thread where a user by the name of mix4 installed them on a civic similar to mine, with before and after pics here :

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/my-new-ej-just-getting-started.222060/

Steven Johnson

Respected
Got my S Tech Lowering Springs in the mail the other day! Gonna use them with my stock struts. The suspension in my car has been totally replaced before I purchased it from my step dad so I trust the struts. I'm gonna install them in a couple days when I'm off of work at my step dad's house. Wish me luck! View attachment 25842
:thumbs up Excited to see what these springs look like on the car. I was thinking about getting these for my car, but I'd also have to get some struts. So debating whether or not I should save the extra $200 and get coils, or just get new struts/springs. Anyway, I'll be here for those future pictures. :woot:

Steven Johnson

Respected
Nice I'll keep you posted!
I got the springs for $144.00 shipped. From tunersports.com on the clubcuvic homepage. The drop will be around 1.7 inches all around. That's plenty for me.

I found a thread where a user by the name of mix4 installed them on a civic similar to mine, with before and after pics here :

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/my-new-ej-just-getting-started.222060/
Nice, man! Just checked out the link you posted to the other user who installed them. They actually look perfect. I'm not about that slammed life, only enjoy functional low. I'd rather power.

I was previously looking at the D2 Racing Pro springs that lower the car 2.5" in front and 2.25" in rear, but after looking at the Tein (which is a more reputable name), I think I have my heart set there. Looks better and not too aggressive on the low. Still need new struts since mine are pretty shot...so I'll probably end up getting top hats while I'm at it. :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Save and get coils

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever floats your boat bro

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
In my case, for sure. I'd only have to save like an extra $200 to get a decent set. :P
In my case, for sure. I'd only have to save like an extra $200 to get a decent set. :P
Good man I think you should, the veteran members on here usually know wth they're talkin about. Would help to do a bit of research too tho. Lmk how it all works out for you man, I don't plan on driving the car to anywhere but work and Wal mart lol. Good luck!

Last edited:

Steven Johnson

Respected
Good man I think you should, the veteran members on here usually know wth they're talkin about. Would help to do a bit of research too tho. Lmk how it all works out for you man, I don't plan on driving the car to anywhere but work and Wal mart lol. So springs should suit me well on these city freeways. Good luck!
Not my first time around cars. Had an 07 at 225whp running 13.9 if lucky, but 14.2 pretty consistent. :P

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
S Techs installed!

Before (rear tires) :

image.jpg

Before (front tires) :

image.jpg

After (rear tires) :

image.jpg

After (front tires) :

image.jpg

Before :

image.jpg

After :
image.jpg

******UPDATE******

My suspension has settled now thanks to time. I've got about one finger width now between the tires and the body.

Front :

image.jpeg

Rear :

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Added a new (well old actually, but much better looking) steering wheel. The old one had a little too much sun light and was crumbling in my hands. And an odd odor of peanut butter would mysteriously end up on my fingers :/ who needs cruise control anywayyyy

Newer one :
image.jpg

Older one : image.jpg

image.jpg

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Added a panoramic rearview mirror so that I can take pictures of myself and everyone in my car all at the same time :shock:

image.jpg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Bought a new arm rest for my center console because the other one didn't match the new seats and looked like It had been rubbed under Buddha's arm pits

New one :

image.jpg

Old one:

image.jpg

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I've got a lot to learn, but hell yeah I want to do that. Any suggestions on what type of tranny to throw in? Someone told me a GSR would be worth a go?
I guess that all depends on what type of engine I decide to go with -_-

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got a lot to learn, but hell yeah I want to do that. Any suggestions on what type of tranny to throw in? Someone told me a GSR would be worth a go?
Not with a d-series. Need a b-series engine to go with a b-series transmission.