MYDAYLY's EJ8 Build

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Well bag was primarily designed to have all the goodness of coilovers but biggest factor between the 2 is ride comfort.. Bags don't typically doesn't have strut bottoming out problem you see with coilovers. Bags also require you to have compressor in the car but for lightest possible all in one package I would go with coilovers

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Well if anyone wants to keep talking about static vs bagged fitment then they can make a thread themselves lol. I'm happy to offer my .02 cents.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I think I'm going to put these in next.

image.jpeg

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Installed a passenger side rear view mirror a few days ago. Bought it off of Craigslist and it turned out to be clover green like my car. My old mirror fell off in an automated car wash :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
So over the weekend I got some new headlights in. They're gunmetal in color. Much improved visibility, the black ones for some reason didn't project light very well. Plus they were old and worn.

image.jpeg

I also attained some new headlight bulbs. They're hyper white in color.

New Headlight Assembly:

image.jpeg

Here is the new one in comparison to the old headlight. Can you guess which is which??

image.jpeg

Here are the new bulbs :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Got some new valve stem caps also. Gonna put them on when I decide which wheels I should go with.

image.jpeg

I almost scored a set of Si wheels with decent tires today for $300 on craigslist. But the guy sold them last night :( so I got kinda bummed out this morning. So bummed out that I may even decide to go with a completely different set of rims entirely.

Feel free to offer any ideas/pics you may have!!

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I found out that I have an oil leak and a power steering leak. Not too experienced in this field here but I'm gonna check out the "how to" section and see if I stand a chance repairing these parts myself.

On a lighter note, I finally paid to have my A/C recharged and it's blowing sub-zero style

Last edited:

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Coming along great! I need to get working on mine soon when school is out. I just gave mine a tuneup.
Also why did you delete your cruise?
I use mine all the time, wouldn't it be easier to have it and not need it than need it and not have it? My two EK DX's didn't have it and I hated it.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Coming along great!
I use mine all the time, wouldn't it be easier to have it and not
Oh really? I have never used it, and I guess you could say I was experimenting. Honestly yes you're right, I'm just very inexperienced with cars and I had the sudden impulse to remove it. I guess to learn a little more about the car. i still have it stored in my garage just in case I change my mind tho

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Picked these up today

Chrome Volk GTP replicas 17"

Thinking of goin Kumho Ecsta's

***UPDATE***

These have been sold for a profit =)

Wasn't a big of a fan of the 17's after all.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

BrandonC92

Respected
purchased this 2000 EX Coupe for my DD

(New to civics, I will learn as I go)

How car looked when I bought it:

View attachment 25746 View attachment 25747 View attachment 25748 View attachment 25749

Decided to remove hubs til I save enough cash for wheels:

View attachment 25750

added paint match lugs and ebay front and rear lips

View attachment 25752
View attachment 25753

*** UPDATE ***

I decided to take the lips & skirts off until I can afford to get the entire car resprayed. I'll just have them painted along with the car to match.

I cleaned out that dusty/dirty engine bay, took a good 2 and half hours. I plasti-dipped the intake for a bit of practice.

View attachment 25755 View attachment 25756

I removed the rust and dust from the stock steelies and plasti dipped them matte black.

View attachment 25757

Painted my engine valve cover, intake, manifold cover and a bunch of other choice parts with high temp VHT engine enamel Neon Green and Gloss Black
I also added in some neon green silicon tubing from eBay:

View attachment 25759
View attachment 25760
View attachment 25761

View attachment 25762

I debadged that bi***!!!
And found out that apparently this car has no clear coat on it. Definitely needs a new paint job

View attachment 25764
View attachment 25765
View attachment 25766

I have decided to paint the interior of the headlight housing black and wet sand and re-clear the ugly ass headlight housing exterior

View attachment 25768

Here's the headlight after being sanded down and cleared! =)

View attachment 25769 View attachment 25770

Well I decided to modify my OEM grill thanks to a few parts from Lowe's ;)

Here's the grill I finished working on:

View attachment 25771
View attachment 25772

I took out the ugly stock front seats because they had cigarette burns and were worn out. Threw in some much cleaner seats from an older civic on craigslist. Got em' for $50 and they bolted right in

View attachment 25775

Here are the old nasties:

View attachment 25776
Engine is dope I wanna do that to mine in white.

Attachments

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Well today I was feelin' mighty mechanical and decided to tackle the power steering pump on my own.

It's been known to make a groaning noise and spit fluid out of the reservoir.

So I bought 4 bottles of Honda power steering fluid, because why not, a power steering pump replacement on eBay, and a drip pan.

I watched an AMAZING, in detail, video for noobs on YouTube.

I ran across very few problems in doing this. It was so easy.

F*** Tire Works for trying to charge me $1,000,000 British pounds to the face to do this.

So I followed the directions to the " T "! I swapped out the pump (and bled the system). Took my time, didn't force anything. and low and behold.... it didn't solve my problem of groaning sounds and now I'm seeing air bubbles in the reservoir. I haven't seen a leak tho

Dad gummitt.

Tire Works would've probably done it right :(

Oh well I'll have to get on with more research!!

image.jpeg

Old vs New:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

****UPDATE****

Turns out the leak is coming from the passenger side rack and pinion. I'll fix it soon!!

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Well I did what my pops, and everyone else, has been telling me to do.

I put Rhonda's front end up on jack stands and turned the wheel from lock to lock about 10 times on each side. And so far the moaning sound has subsided. I'll give it a few days to see how it all goes.

Oh and I flipped those wheels I bought. I'm gonna go with some 15's or 16's instead. Probably OEM Si wheels if I can scrounge some up.

image.jpeg

Last edited: