MYDAYLY's EJ8 Build

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Today I added in some white LED lighting to match the new hyper white headlights. I figured I'd start cleaning up the "old-ness" about her. I don't like old b**tches after all.

New Dome Light :

image.jpeg

New Map lights :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New License Plate lights :

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I also did this cool duct/electrical tape trick to stop my rearview mirror from falling down when the bass comes on. I could have superglued it down like I've seen so many others do, but I still have the option to change the mirror's position at will.

Found here :

http://www.georgebelton.com/6g.civic.tech/rear.view/

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I found a gray passenger side sun visor that came out of a hatchback, I believe. I cleaned it up a bit and it looks and fits great. Now I just need to locate a driver side one to match!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I dressed up the engine bay a little bit, added in some fender washers. Gonna buy some more soon and add to it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Just Baby steps so far! Thanks man, that's much appreciated coming from you. Got lottttsss more planned

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
It could just be my head, but I do feel more of an aggressive response from these wheels and tires than I did previously with the steelies setup.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Coming along nicely. Wheels look good. I could have picked up some stock Si wheels for a song but I don't want 15's.
I'm on the lookout for stock HX 14" Wheels

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Coming along nicely. Wheels look good. I could have picked up some stock Si wheels for a song but I don't want 15's.
I'm on the lookout for stock HX 14" Wheels
I've been debating getting those too, there have been quite a few for sale here locally lately. And they go for relatively cheap. I think next I'm going to start working on the suspension.

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
How did you paint your valve cover and not paint the letter Black as well?
Did you just tape them off really well?
Looking at doing that soon.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
How did you paint your valve cover and not paint the letter Black as well?
Did you just tape them off really well?
Looking at doing that soon.
I attempted the tape off method but realized how much of a pain that process is. So, I did a small amount of research and quickly came across others that had used a sanding method. You just paint the entire valve cover (including the lettering). I baked mine in the oven. After it dried I placed tape down around the lettering (so that you don't sand anything else on the valve cover) and just simply sand the paint off of the lettering. It's really simple, I'm sure you can find a video or two out there on it.

Last edited:

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
With the dampers, does that mean you don't have to use the hood prop?
Also when I put my front upper strut bar in, I painted the bolts Clover Green.
DSCN1564 (Custom).JPG

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Did you have to drill holes in the fenders or the hood or were they already there?
Please provide a link to where you purchased them.