Mysterious Oil Leak

Aro

It's all over the front of the transmission from what I can see and falls around the back too from looking at the floor in the morning. I don't even go on the freeway anymore because it would start falling on the muffler as well. It started when I changed my oil last month any places to look at would be appreciated. I looked at the vtec solenoid, O-ring seal, I'm clueless from where it's coming out off

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks like the typical areas for a leaking distributor o-ring or a vtec solenoid.

Aro

It looks like the typical areas for a leaking distributor o-ring or a vtec solenoid.
Im leaning more towards the vtec solenoid gaskets I ordered the part #917-173 will try to swap them out during the weekend but would it really throw oil all the way toward the front of the trans?¿ the solenoid is placed towards the back

Aro

The stock D17A doesn't have a distributor.

Swipe a finger along the bottom of the VTEC solenoid. Do you come up with any fresh oil?
Yup I swiped along the bottom ...really hard to reach under there but I manage to stick my finger in there and nothing shows up

Aro

The red arrows is where I notice the oil leak begins and I labeled the placement of my solenoid ...I'll start to keep an eye at the valve cover gasket see if I notice anything there =)

Attachments