N/A Before Turbo

CivicLuv87

5+ Year Member
So I have a stock B18c1 and I wanna start building on it so I wanna know some good parts I can put on it? I wanna do n/a before I drop a turbo in it but that will be later down the line. I wanna know all parts from like fuel rails and fuel injectors to everything else. Also good websites I can look on besides ebay I will prob get some stuff from there but just to have bookmarked for later. So any input will be very helpful thanks very much.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Y build na if ur planning turbo? Two completely different builds

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well you were on the right track.

You will need to upgrade your fuel system for any high hp build.

New fuel pump and injectors. Fuel rail.

And then for turbo you will need totally different engine internals than what u have now.

I suggest saving money and doing research.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If you're going boost but don't want to do it right away, don't throw NA money at your engine only to have to resell everything at a loss. Instead, consider things you'll keep that will help out in the long run. Brakes, wheels/tires, suspension,...

CivicLuv87

5+ Year Member
Well right now I got rota slipstreams low pro tires skunk 2 adjustable coilovers and hks exhaust but I wanna start saving money over the winter to put the stuff in for the summer. I wanna just know some parts right now so I can start the process.

emerican

Registered VIP
Aem for the fuel rail
and tje injectors depend on how much hp its going to make on boost, what its tuned on and your budget
you do know that you cant install those things without a way to tune it though right especially if the motor isnt boosted and you want to just put bigger injectors on it.
you will also need a better fuel pump id go with walbro

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ID (injector dynamic) make really good injectors.
You're going to need to save a lot for a turbo setup if you want it to be worth your while.
There's TONS of threads on turbo builds and such, browse around man!

Some stuff to consider:
Sleeving the block
Fully built head
Fully built block
fuel pump definitely, dont really need a new fuel rail, I'm still running stock one at 400hp
Turbo itself
turbo manifold
oil feed line, oil return line
vacuum hosing for wastegate/turbo/BOV
wastegate + dump tube
BOV
downpipe
charge piping
Front mount intercooler with all couplings and such
Engine management such as Hondata s300 along with the ECU

A reputable tuner, do NOT overlook this. Tuning literally will make or BREAK a build.

There's always a lot more stuff that comes up along the way, but those are some of the big things to consider. You can have a downpipe and charge piping custom made if you want, as some kits don't fit properly anyway. Stay away from cheap ebay stuff, some people say it lasts, but usually it's garbage.

Always remember, you can only pick TWO: cheap, reliable, fast