Need help add AC to 7th gen DX

ridata3

I've got a 2001 DX and want to add AC. Is it just a matter of acquiring the right parts? What will I need? I've searched and haven't seen anything documented. Any help that could be provided is greatly appreciated.

reichbc

"Brandon"
First: a 2001 DX without ac? that's a first I've heard of.

Second: Yes, it could be a matter of just "getting the parts" but making it work is more difficult. Mount bracket, belt (if you even have room for it), A/C switch inside the car....

As for the parts, I can't help too much. Might someone else lend a hand?

ridata3

yup got it from the dealership like that, and oh how I regret being cheap once I moved to the south. i figured if people take them out with the right parts I should be able to put one in right?

reichbc

"Brandon"
Generally, yes. The a/c package is listed as "Optional" which means you can put one in. You just need to get the mounts, ac compressor, lines, radiator, "cooling block" (the part thats actually inside the cabin circulating a/c coolant), etc.

I'm not the guy to talk to about the whole process, but I figured I'd at least try to move you in the right direction.

Also, junkyards. Look for 01-03 civics and try to salvage the a/c parts off of them. WAY cheaper.