NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This has gone on far too long. I'm trying to remove the 6 LCA bolts on both sides of my car. I have 2 free, but cannot get the other 4 on account of they are all stripped.

I have to resort to cutting them off because what I have tried, (2 impact guns, torching, pry bar, numerous Dremel metal cutting disks, even drilling through the bolt), and all of their failures to get the job done.

Just focusing on one particular bolt for now, i have obliterated it. And yet, it still will not come out. I need help! Someone has to have some sort of knowledge of getting this shithead out of the LCA.

Front:

Rear:

Still able to pry shock from bolt/bushing.

It is like this on both sides; able to move away from bushing when force applied.

Video:

My bushings are all still good and not torn from what I can see. And I really do not want to start cutting the LCA and the shock bottom if I do not have to.

Any advice is helpful! Thank you in advance!

DavidR

5+ Year Member
Idk why it posted that above, but any ways did you try a striped bolt extractor before you cut the head off? To late by now but maybe one of those screw extractors can help or maybe try cutting the other end of the stud so you can at least get the shock off of the control arm so you can work the threaded part. Out if its been cross threaded you might have to just suck it up and drill it out untill the stud falls apart inside. You might have to re-tap the threads on the shock fork also. Hope this helps.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Take the assembly out (entire LCA, strut, etc) put it on a drill press and use tons of lube?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk why it posted that above, but any ways did you try a striped bolt extractor before you cut the head off? To late by now but maybe one of those screw extractors can help or maybe try cutting the other end of the stud so you can at least get the shock off of the control arm so you can work the threaded part. Out if its been cross threaded you might have to just suck it up and drill it out untill the stud falls apart inside. You might have to re-tap the threads on the shock fork also. Hope this helps.
I ended up angle grinding the bushing and taking the entire LCA out. I ordered new ones because there was no way of getting the old bolts out. All that is left to do is, drill out whatever remains of the old bolts from the back of the rear hub assembly.

Take the assembly out (entire LCA, strut, etc) put it on a drill press and use tons of lube?
I'm just going to replace the whole setup. Might as well.