Need help - buying a 4th gen Civic Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvertooth

The Apprentice
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All right, this is kind of embarrassing, but I have been looking on the internet for a while, now, looking for information on the 1989 Honda Civic Shuttle (sometimes referred to as the Super Shuttle, or somethign like that, I guess). Anyway, I am coming up with absolutely nothing. Anyone know information about the Shuttle in general, or a specific web page I could check out, or online book? Articles? Just a cry for help. The parents want some information.

Thanks for your time.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the f**k you talkin bout niggah?

Silvertooth

The Apprentice
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
the f**k you talkin bout niggah?
Apparently there is a Honda Civic stationwagon. Doing the little research that I could find online, they are called Civic Shuttles. I have only seen a few of them in my entire life, and none of them have been newer than 1990...Unless I am completely crazy? Either way, need some info.

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I have seen one, not for sure. Is it like a civic wagon awd. There is a girl that goes to school here that has one. I dont know what year it is. All I know is its brown and ugly.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u want to buy one of those?

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya... they are ugly as sin. but the're awd and basicly no possiblities for a decent swap. the tranny/transfer case is weak i heard as well. they were only made in 1988-1990 i think.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
they were made from 88-91, never called the shuttle in the U.S., they were called eitehr civic wagons or wagovans, some were just front wheel drive others were 1.6litre awd, however they are not sonething to fix up IMO.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
whoring around i see

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to take that one and drive it around for a beater this winter. Come on man awd civic wagon. Thats pimp.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just slap some Nawz on it. Then it will be cool. heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
uses the si motor really, so ya no what that means, slap on JR supercharger.

Silvertooth

The Apprentice
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They bought it.

I guess it is FR, but I haven't gotten to check it out yet. I agree, though, it is ugly as sin. Parents wanted a car for my dad, who just drives to work and back. I would never want that PoS.

Good news?

They gave me the '98 Civic DX hatch, since the wagon or shuttle, whatever you want to call it, is now my dad's car. Yay for I. Such potential. =)

Silvertooth

The Apprentice
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gents97civ said:
I got a zexy wet kit in the garage.
Not strange...Just special in my brain. =) Either way, crazy or sane, I now own the 98 hatchet. No more asking to borrow the car. ;)

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really wouldnt mind having one for a winter beater. Paint it up like a dukes of hazard car. lol

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally when i read this article i thought you was talking about the civic wagon or you was just crazy but i was up till 4 in the morning and i found this website that has a little info on the civic shuttlehttp://gutterslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32
have fun

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your located in new jersey i can get u a very clean 4wd one cheap n it has a gsr swap in it this thing is very fast n really is a sleeper..

yeah the wagons came in front wheel drive and 4wd.. but the 4wd is kinda like the porsche's 4wd what ever way ur turnin the tire spins less n the other side grabs harder.. an from what acouple sites say it sucks in the snow.. but my boys drives pretty nice in the snow.. so i guess u'd have 2 find out urself.. i did a read up about the wagon cuz i was either gunna get one or put the 4wd on my 90 HB

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a 4wd gsr civic wagon, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.