Need help finding 2000 civic ex oem factory alarm brain!

myciviclife

I used to have an oem factory alarm with remote for my 2000 civic ex but when my dad used the car he couldn't turn off alarm because remote had malfunction so he ripped the alarm horn and wires connected to it off. He lost the remote also.

Now I'm trying to put it all back together trying to trace old wires but don't see nothing and bought a used oem honda remote to try to program it but nothing is happening. Can anyone tell me where the computer brain of the factory alarm is located? Some say inside radio but do not see nothing when taken apart. Looked under dash but don't know what to look for? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tge factory alarm ECU is built into the original radio. Find a functioning OEM radio from a Civic with the alarm option, plug in the alarm harness or rewire it, have the remotes programmed, and there you go. If youd actually search you'd know this already.

myciviclife

I still do have the oem CD player that came with the car when the alarm was working. I programmed with another used remote and nothing happen. How exactly does the alarm ecu look like or connector looks like? Any same picture? All I see is input for radio harness and antenna

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What a surprise that the very first search result yielded this...
http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY_98/civalarm/civhar.jpg

...and on the same page I came across this page describing and showing the alarm plug...
http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/diy-96-98-civic-dome-light-fix-after-installing-aftermarket-radio-2214962/

One again, research before asking. Im probably the only one responding because what youre asking has been discussed multiple times and is easily available.

Your original post is clearly misworded or you just cant admit that you dobt kbow what youre doing. How would you reprogram the remote if you dont even know whether the alarm ECU connected? You dont even know where it is or how it connects even after I already told you.

This is why you should take the time to write in detail and put forth effort to research. Alot of people here hate to be repetitive and its a disrespect to our members who offer their time to help. Most of us refuse to help the lazy.

myciviclife

Ummm that's cool but it's for year 96-98 as title stated. My 2000 doesn't have that stuff like built in keyless inside radio or whatever so I'm still left in the dust problem Unsolved, but thanks anyway

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Yes the 99+ models do not have it into the radio. The last reply has the correct information on how to set it up and find it. If you are wondering where to get one, I would check ebay as that was where I got mine.

myciviclife

Ok thanks. Yes and thanks hex the last post does show the control box. Now I can match my serial number. Is this why i can never program my keyless remote? My serial on my remote is way different from the control box.

Does this number matter and has to match in order to work? I bought the remote on eBay from a guy who wrecked his honda pilot

My control box fcc Id: A2669ZUA123

And both remove fcc ID: NHVWB1u523

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you buy equipment from a Pilot for a Civic? A simple part number search and check wouldve showed, and still show you, that theyre likely not compatible. Man, stop guess working everything and do some actual research. Your first post was unclear and you continue to make assumptions instead of educated decisions. Hondas are about the easiest cars to find information on, invluding part numbers.

RESEARCH WITH EFFORT for once or you will get nowhere while spending money in the process. Im personally not responding until you show youve put forth reasonable effort. If you finally do, you probably wont need any further help anyways.

myciviclife

His post stated will work for pilot, element, and civic which is why I thought it will work but I guess not. Going to buy another one that start with a269zua just wondering if the last 3 number on remote will work.

Side note: all these times I thought this was an alarm system but it's actually just a keyless remote to unlock doors. Wonder why horns went off. I do not see any kill switches or led security lights what so ever.

Anyone would like to give me some tips I much appreciate.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
His post stated will work for pilot, element, and civic which is why I thought it will work but I guess not.
:wak:
Going to buy another one that start with a269zua just wondering if the last 3 number on remote will work.
:smackself
Side note: all these times I thought this was an alarm system but it's actually just a keyless remote to unlock doors. Wonder why horns went off. I do not see any kill switches or led security lights what so ever.
:stick:
Anyone would like to give me some tips I much appreciate.
:google:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ooooh, a fist pound. Thank you, but I'd still like to see you figure something out for yourself with some basic research.

myciviclife

Update: new remote key works! As long couple number from beginning match. Sold my old one and made couple bucks profit not bad