need help for my wifes civic ...latches ...key trim...interior

boxinggsxr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so i bought my wife a 05 civic ex and its ok besides overheating but i'll take care of that tomorrow....some of the issues im having are basic honda stuff i can deal with but she doesnt like to much

1- Both the trunck and gas tank lid latches dont work inside when i pull the lever they dont open so where would i start to fix that and i couldnt find that on the diy on this or a few other sites.

2- the hood latch you pull to open it under the dash the knob came off so what is a decent way to fix it besides the plyers lol

3-Changing up the interior color this aint that big of a problem but i'm just wondering kinda like a poll what others have done just replace the interior with the dark grey/black interior from another civic at the junk yard or do the whole spray can job to it? i've dyed carpet before in my ek and came out awesome and didnt like the spray can to much cuz it wasnt glossy but im also gona check on prices tomorrow to see what it cost to get actually painted cuz some of the diy pics arent to clear on how it comes out up close

thanks i'll be posting pics of my new toy soon

JeffBel

Registered VIP
The vinyl spray paint I've never had good luck with. Seems to make it into sand paper; I've only used autozone though

boxinggsxr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks today i will be taking off all the panels and looking at the problem with the cable.....i wish i could replace the key locks but then i'd have to redo the auto start n etc

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can get the all the keys programmed at a dealer for 50 dollars plus whatever the keys cost.