Need help!!! How can I get into trunk from inside/remove backseats from car

puckerup

5+ Year Member
Hi.

Please help!!!

My childrens x-mas presents are stuck in my trunk and I MUST get them out ASAP.

Don't know much about cars, have Honda Civic ex 2006.

Truck is overloaded with bags&boxes, they have shifted and I am unable to get into my trunk.

Pressing lock release does nothing.

Have tried driving fast and slamming on brakes, going around corners, pressing down on truck and using hanger/stick all in attempt to shift and dislodge item in trunk.

No success.

I think my only option is to remove backseat, can't figure out how to do it without trunk access.

Popped back seat up, but something is preventing me from removing it. have no clue what to do if I can remove it. Can't find screws to unloosen the back of seat so I can stick my arm in a grab box that is stuck.

Am even willing to break seat so I don't spoil xmas, and worry about that later, but can even figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions/help is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright. Don't know much about the 06's but I think it's pretty much the same. What you probably need to do is move the two front seats up all the way, get yourself in the back facing the back seat, grab the bottom cushion and push forwards towards the trunk and up. Sorry if this isn't much help again I don't know much about 7th gens

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your car doesnt have backseats that lay down. Usually there is a key release above the back seats. I know my 98 has it so I would figure an 06 would.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2291656

From what I read there is no access to trunk from inside of car, due to honda's ball suckingness.... on the link above someone was able to unscrew the seat.... read thru it is all I can suggest... I really hope you can get your stuff out :(

puckerup

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys.

I spend nearly 6 hours trying to get into the trunk and I have made no progress.

I have tried both, pulling up on the seat does release the seat, but not enough to allow me to take the seat out. There appears to be a unseen bolt or nail somewhere that is keeping it down. However, even if I were able to pull the seat out, it is only the bottom, not the back that would allow me to get into the trunk.

Also, this model does have seats that lay, but you have to push the button in the trunk for them to lay down (great).

Thx Nike for the link. I just read it. I have been trying to stick my arm through the seat but it is so tight.
However, it is encouraging to see that someone else, was able to do it, so I I am headed out to try again.

Anyone know anything else I can do or where bolt is located in backseat that needs to be unscrewed?

I traveled to my moms with my kids and all of their gifts are in the trunk.
I feel just awful....they are young and still believe in Santa and they are upset and asking why Santa didn't bring them the things that they asked for and my daughter, 5, has been crying all morning.

What a nightmare.

Akthough it is my fault for having my trunk too full, I think it is just awful that Honda doesn't allow you to get into trunk from car. Ridiculous!!!!!