Need help in understanding how to safely remove upper side chrome trim.

Clark_R

Well I recently purchased another EG8 to replace my Grey sedan that got totaled in a Hit-N-Run this winter. Well someone tried to break into it at one point in it's life, and they damaged the chrome trim above the front, passenger side door. I see there is a screw at the end towards the side mirror, but are there more, or does it clip out in some way? The trim on my grey one is perfectly fine and I want to switch them out, but I don't want to damage it in any way.

Any help would be great, pictures aren't necessary if you have them as I can follow directions pretty well, heh.

After it's all said and done, I'll buff it back to Red, rather than faded reddish-pink, and post some pics for you all.

Site has been great, but found no similar threads to my problem.

Thanks guys.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I believe someone said on the chat board on the home page your question was found on a google search. Try it.

EDIT: And there you go ^^^^

Clark_R

I saw the threads you posted, and they are in no way related to my issue. I said it was the chrome trim "ABOVE" the door, not on the door.

Ok, here is an image to illustrate.

Now do you see the chrome trim that goes around the top of windows that is a part of the body, not the doors? Kind of hard to miss, I know, lol. I need to know how to remove that from the car safely.

Clark_R

Well I tried to remove it on one of my parts cars that'll be eventually crushed anyway, and well basically they just pop out with plastic clips that pretty much annihilate themselves upon removal, so now I have to source a place that carries them.

Sorry again that my initial description might have been a little vague. This can be closed if need be.

Thanks