Need help on my need ride

stay_fresh

Hey CC members,

I have recently bought a EK4 with a b16a2 swap. I don't know why sometimes when I drive for like about couple of miles my car smoke through my exhaust. then when I drive for couple of block, than it stop smoking. The color of the smoke is white. I don't get it though cause the motor is rebuilt from bottom to top with new gasket. There is no leak of any kind, so i check my spark plugs and they looks normal Upset the third spark, it has burnt oil and build up on the end of the spark plugs. So what do that mean? any ideals?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done a compression and leakdown test?

Just cuz it has a fresh rebuild doesnt mean something was missed or wasnt done right...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
^^^^

Either it wasn't done correctly, someone screwed it up after the fact, or it wasn't a "complete" rebuild. Bottom to top with new gaskets doesn't account for piston rings which can certainly cause oil/smoke issues. I have the same problem currently on a D16a6. Did a top up gasket job but didn't touch the block down. One or more of my rings must be bad causing me to burn oil a little bit.

stay_fresh

yea i haven't done any compression or leak test yet. but i don't want to spend the money for those tools if its something easy to fix. but yea going to change the value cover gasket along with the spark plug ring gasket. my car haven't got a tune up too, so i probably do all that at once. will see if that's going to fix the problem.