JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic!

If you are looking for help, please keep these things in mind.

• Search!!!! This is the one that bothers most people. A lot of people will post, "Search" because the topic has already been covered. Look further down the page of threads already made, use the search feature on here, heck...even use Google. Google seriously works wonders. It is THE search engine to use when searching for ANYTHING. A lot of people say, "Google" jokingly or to flame but it seriously does work wonders. More than 90% of the answers I find to help people on here come from Google. For you people new to the car scene, you have to understand this has been going on for many many years so pretty much everything and anything has been covered. A lot of times, a simple search would yield better and faster results instead of making a thread.

• Try to put your problem along with your year/model in your thread title. I'm not saying put, "The other day I started my car and it started fine but today it won't start. What's wrong? I drive a 1999 Civic Si with a B18C1 swap". But putting, "Car won't start - EM1 /w B18C1" is a good start. Also, people that have the knowledge to help on the topic may be more inclined to click on it and give their input.

We see a lot of threads on a daily/weekly basis that have very vague thread titles. Sadly, it deters some people from clicking on them.

• Details, details, DETAILS!!!! When you make your thread, list as many details as possible. That doesn't mean write a 5000 word essay but state your car, what engine you have, any modifications you have, symptoms you're experiencing/have diagnosed, any noises that may attribute to the issue, where the noise is coming from, things you have checked, any recent work that was done to the car, etc.

When all your thread says is, "My car won't start. What's wrong?", it's hard to help pinpoint your problem because the information you have provided is so vague.

• Try to troubleshoot for yourself!!!!!! Just because you're not mechanically inclined doesn't mean you can't look at something. Check for anything that may look bent, broken, even rusted, cracked, leaking, wet when it shouldn't be (ie - oil leak), etc. If something doesn't look right, chances are something could be wrong. This goes with the bullet above. The details help. If you can post any sort of information that can help us answer your question better and faster, the happier you'll be!

• Please post in the appropriate area!!!!! The site is still under development and the staff is constantly trying to improve it. It is a very slow but on-going process. So you may not notice sections right away but please do try to post threads in the appropriate places. The sections are there for YOUR benefit. Don't just pick a random section and post.
PLEASE DO NOT POST TECH QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revised and updated. I encourage you guys to take a moment to read through this =).

Status
Not open for further replies.