Need help Troubleshooting

Deshwitat

My US model Honda Civic 1990 Sedan DX model having a weird clanking noise on the front driver side on flat ground it sounds like it running over divots and the steering wheel shakes a little going at any speed. When I turn left I some time hear a clank on that side and it feel like it is moving just wondering what it might be so I can get it fixed thanks.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
My US model Honda Civic 1990 Sedan DX model having a weird clanking noise on the front driver side on flat ground it sounds like it running over divots and the steering wheel shakes a little going at any speed. When I turn left I some time hear a clank on that side and it feel like it is moving just wondering what it might be so I can get it fixed thanks.
If you can, try posting a video so that we can diagnose it a bit better. As far as turning left and hearing that sound, it could be the rack and pinion. The steering wheel shaking can indicate many things....one being the need of new motor mounts. Check in you engine bay and see if you can see any metal on metal interference or anything of the kind. Check your motor mounts. Post pics/vids to have a further diagnoses.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Get under your car and have a look around. Use your jack, lift the car and take the wheel off with your tire iron. Take pics from all around, come back and post. Should be fairly easy to spot if it's as bad as it sounds. I would focus on the suspension area.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Get under your car and have a look around. Use your jack, lift the car and take the wheel off with your tire iron. Take pics from all around, come back and post. Should be fairly easy to spot if it's as bad as it sounds. I would focus on the suspension area.
Agreed. The first place I look at is suspension, but it sounds like a rack and pinion problem given the severity; But if it is this bad it should be fairly noticeable whichever/whatever/wherever it is.