Need Help with Suspension and Stance

Samael O'Brien

Hey,
I bought a 2000 Civic EX Coupe last month and am getting prepared for the winter. The car currently has coilovers (unbranded) in the back and lowering springs (unbranded) in the front. I love the way it is right now, but since I live in NY I have to get ready for the snow. I want to keep a semi lowered stance witour going to high but also still being able to look nice. Does anyone have any suggestions for lowering springs? (I'm trying to save some money)

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tein Stech should keep them at about that drop height. Tein Htechs are about .75" higher.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in NY I have to get ready for the snow.
If it's anything like last years' winter, buy a stock beater, put 4 snows on it, and run it.
Running a lowered car in an area that gets any good amount of snow is flat out stupid and not worth the trouble of "looking good" when there is 18" of snow on the ground.
Car looks nice now, but moisture and road salt are not a good combo if you plan on having anything nice for next summer.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it's anything like last years' winter, buy a stock beater, put 4 snows on it, and run it.
Running a lowered car in an area that gets any good amount of snow is flat out stupid and not worth the trouble of "looking good" when there is 18" of snow on the ground.
Car looks nice now, but moisture and road salt are not a good combo if you plan on having anything nice for next summer.
Can confirm, I ended up being a free plow service for NYS two years ago. Found out my front lip was pretty durable and could push a lot of snow lol. Then rust happened and the car basically fell apart. Not just because of the one winter, car was a DD up here from 97-2013)

Get rust undercoating if it's car you plan on having for a while. I got it done and have a yearly underbody respray. So far, no rust. Igo in for my yearly respray in about a month.

But yeah, get coilvers all around, and raise the car an inch or two for the winter..

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get rust undercoating if it's car you plan on having for a while. I got it done and have a yearly underbody respray. So far, no rust. Igo in for my yearly respray in about a month.
Not only that, but take the car through the car wash at least once a week to help keep that salt and snow muck from sticking to the car.
Not the DIY pull thru ones either.
Take it to a full service where the underbody is sprayed.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not only that, but take the car through the car wash at least once a week to help keep that salt and snow muck from sticking to the car.
Not the DIY pull thru ones either.
Take it to a full service where the underbody is sprayed.
But never, ever, (ever) a Delta Sonic. I despise those.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But never, ever, (ever) a Delta Sonic. I despise those.
I know someone that used them religiously in the Buffalo area for his '97 ITR that he had used occasionally in the winter.
The car apparently held up very well and he seemed to have no trouble selling it when the time came.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I cringe at thinking of an ITR going through a Delta Sonic lol. You're on RocLife right? Find the thread from the dude with his wide body Porsche and his experience. Or the dude with the VW.. :lol: I've heard enough horror stories to not chance any touch / tracked car wash. Rather do the touch free laser washes with under body spray. Though in the summer I always just use a DIY bay... the one around me is nice they replace the brush every other month or so it seems.