Need some quick help... Thanks

BrandonMills

The other day was running up the interstate, all of a sudden car seems like it shut down. was running in fourth got over 4000 rpm and it shut fuel off, until it dropped under 4000, and I was able to get fuel again. Pulled over, put it in neutral and reved up to 4k, it acted like 4k was Redline..meaning...needle was hitting 4k dropping and so on.... Fuel filter or TPS?

BrandonMills

Hmmm, I should have done this first, but i google sarched, and thats the first time i seen that answer. I will have to check, all the other answers were ECU, TPS, and the most popular.....LOW OIL. Gonna go check what i can, and the have advanced read it.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
my hatch did the same thing if you dont have emissions you can pound the cat out. and you can also unbolt it temporarily and drive it to see if theres a difference

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
there good cars things go wrong or break on any vehicle ive had plenty of vehicles to know its inevitable

BrandonMills

was low oil, really low oil, put some in it, and fixed it.....Car was gave to me in very.....naaaa, extrmely bad condition. Now if I could get fifth gear back.......did some searching and found that my synchronizers in tranny are off, and the shifting linkage is way off too......afraid to adjust linkage for the fact that I might mess more stuff up, like being able to get in any gear......need a transmission bad.....damn.