Need suspension help

Jimtucket

Hey guys just start off I just bought an 02 ep3 bout 2 weeks ago or so, and a couple the things I'm trying to get fixed on is the suspension. So as of current money is kind of tight but I'm trying to fix my situation. It has been lowered on skunk2 coil over sleeves and I believe they're still stock struts. The car has been lowered and when I purchased the car it has a hard pull to the left and the tires were bald and sitting on 205/40/17
I just went and put 205/45/17 set of bf g sports and alignment. But their is still a pull to the left. While their I had it checked for a creaking noise in the wheel when I turned left.He said that the driver side front spring had to much pressure on it anf the spring itself is the noise from where its turning on the strut mount? I honestly don't know anything about suspension, but he was saying the car was lowered uneven and recommended I raised up the car a bit and see if that doesn't help with the pull and the creak.
He gave me these as specs to help me figure out what height I should correct at the springs but I don't know even what I'm really looking at.
I guess my question is if anyone else knew some more and had some advice.
I like the lower look but I don't want to eat tires quicker than I could afford and I'd like it not to pull so hard to the left..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jimtucket

I know I need to grab a tool to adjust the coil over sleeve, but I've never done an adjustment like so before.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Can you tell that the car is lower on that side compared to the others? Because unless it's very prominent that a naked eye can see it, I highly doubt that a small difference in height can change an alignment by that much. Also, when you lower a car your toe gets tampered, hence why the guy told you that your toe was out because of how the car was lowered. Now what makes no sense is why he wouldn't be able to get rid of your toe issue? As fas as I know you'd have to be EXTREMELY slammed to not be able to adjust your toe (because your car is so low, the toe is so off that you can only adjust it so far without custom parts).
Now as far as a noise coming from one side because it's higher than the others? I've never heard of that, so it sounds like a bunch of BS to me personally.

I'd suggest going to a different alignment guy and see what they think, the guy you encountered doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing.

Jimtucket

I wouldn't say that the car is super slammed, but I haven't really noticed one side dipping lower than the other.. I figured by now that alignment was mainly done with computers and pretty much any alignment guys could get a job done. I had went to ntb
I guess I'll look at else where to get it done

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Wait I thought you said that one side was higher than all of the others?
If that side sits lower, it could potentially mean that the strut is blown and they want you to replace it before you get an alignment. If this is the case, look at the strut and see if it's all wet, mushy, and oily to see if it's blown or not, also do the jounce test.

Jimtucket

Wait I thought you said that one side was higher than all of the others?
If that side sits lower, it could potentially mean that the strut is blown and they want you to replace it before you get an alignment. If this is the case, look at the strut and see if it's all wet, mushy, and oily to see if it's blown or not, also do the jounce test.
Struts fine currently I believe. Bounce test did well and I can't really see sign of strut damage
Let me try again on what he said.
He said the ride height was different heights adjusted around the car. He said the strut mount might need to be replaced, the driver side spring is turning on the mount because of the pressure that's being applied on the left side I believe was what he was saying. He suggested raising ride height a little bit all the way around and try evening it out. He also said the drive height on the right side might be causing the left side to "drag" on the spring which is what maybe making it turn and creak noise is coming from

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Ok thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense. So as far as your issue, to me personally it seems very unlikely that a small difference in ride height would make it not possible to be aligned. Assuming all of your bushings and such things are in good working conditions, a pull is usually caused by toe, and sometimes by camber. Not by ride height. So to me it seems like he just wasn't able to adjust your alignment and came up with an excuse not to do it, which happens pretty often actually with cars that are lowered, or sometimes even lightly modded suspension wise.

Jimtucket

Ok thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense. So as far as your issue, to me personally it seems very unlikely that a small difference in ride height would make it not possible to be aligned. Assuming all of your bushings and such things are in good working conditions, a pull is usually caused by toe, and sometimes by camber. Not by ride height. So to me it seems like he just wasn't able to adjust your alignment and came up with an excuse not to do it, which happens pretty often actually with cars that are lowered, or sometimes even lightly modded suspension wise.
Right on. Yeah I apologize it seemed jumbled, feel like I'm trying to load up on information I don't know about.. I guess id have better luck finding a tune shop to do alignments like that?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Right on. Yeah I apologize it seemed jumbled, feel like I'm trying to load up on information I don't know about.. I guess id have better luck finding a tune shop to do alignments like that?

Well I'm not sure you need a tune shop to do it, but you do need a different shop to do it imo. Finding good alignment shops is hard for anyone who has a modded car suspension wise. Try finding an alignment shop for a slammed car.. it's nearly impossible.