Need to know about the fuel pump and ignition coil

Abhi86

Hi Friends,
I am new to this club. First of all i would like to beg your pardon for my English i am very bad in that, please bear with me.
Friends i live in Mumbai (India), bought a second hand Honda civic 2004 model. That car has done 1 lakh kilometers. I bought this car from a Honda distributor who deals in second hand Honda cars also.
Initially that car was doing well, i was facing now issue with that, but recently i have noticed that car suddenly stops whenever i try to pick up the car in the first gear and then when i try to re self it some times it starts with out any trouble but most of the times it doesn't and if i try for more self say 2 or 3 it doesn't start mostly the self itself do not work. After this i switch off the ignition for a min or so and then try again to start the car it gets the ignition and then work well.
I have shown that car to the Honda service provider they r not sure for the reason of that, they advised me to change the fuel pump and ignition coil and charge for that is going to be around 80,000 in Indian rupees.
Friend please help me and guide. I have no idea what should i do coz spending 80,000 on a second hand car is much.
If you guys can tell me the price of fuel pump and ignition coil and which brand is getting used in Honda City 2004, and also whether i should contact to Honda service center for the car rectification or some local mechanic.

yevangelis

eg ek ek
shalom, first, when it stops running, pull a spark plug wire and see if you have spark. If yes then do a fuel pressure test to see if the fuel pump is putting out the required psi ( or in India- kpa, bar)

if no spark then...
its not the coil, the coil is either working or dead. this sounds more like the icm (ignition control module) it will start working when it cools down sometimes.

i dont know much about your IDM honda so my knowledge is limited.