New Build suggestions

Lin Wood

Hey I'm new to the forum and was wondering, I have a 97 Civic DX Hatchback. I am starting on a build and was wondering what are the best places to look for parts, complete motors, interior parts etc... The only thing I have done so far is to put an Eibach pro kit on the front and back. Not entirely sure how far I will get in to the car but I am feeling ambitious at the moment and have a little extra cash to put in the car. Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.

CivicEx'00

Hey I'm new to the forum and was wondering, I have a 97 Civic DX Hatchback. I am starting on a build and was wondering what are the best places to look for parts, complete motors, interior parts etc... The only thing I have done so far is to put an Eibach pro kit on the front and back. Not entirely sure how far I will get in to the car but I am feeling ambitious at the moment and have a little extra cash to put in the car. Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.
With the proper research and and the restraint to not pinch every penny possible, eBay can be your best friend (though I'd stay away from eBay engine parts)
If you're looking for used parts, a local U-pull scrap yard can get you some obscure things elsewhere unavailable. As well as checking places like Facebook Marketplace for people parting out whole cars, or just selling the parts you need

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

you need to decide what your going to do with the car in the end? like when you think your done spending money on it. a build can be many things. but you need to decide what your building in order for people to direct you in the right places.

if you need general parts/used parts and what not. any pick and pull junkyard will be your best friend. grab your mud boots and hit the yards. most times you will find everything you need in a yard on some other car. ive found complete JDM swaps in cars in junkyard before. its just all on what you can do with your abilities.

CoupedUp99

I agree with Chris, First thing you need to do is decide which way you want to take your car, and how you want to get their. While their are sites out their were u can buy engines, when it comes to that craigslist is your best friend. After that JDM Passport, Car ID, Pro Civic just to name a few.

Start your build smart, suspension, then brakes, power, with some cosmetic stuff throughout the build. I wouldn't put a bunch of power on a chassis that couldn't handle it. I myself am tackling a whole lot of cosmetic stuff cuz my car is damn ugly lol