New clutch, and new slave and master cylinder. But no pedal pressure.

Corndog666

So I put a new clutch in my 01 civic and put it all back together but could never get pressure to the pedal, so today I got a new slave and new master cylinder, still can't get any pressure, iv tried bleeding it for about 5 hours all different ways, I have no idea what's going on so I thought maybe someone on here might have an idea, thanks.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you tried squeezing the tube from the reservoir with a pair of plyers while bleeding it to get the little bubbles out of that feed line?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
You have the clutch reservoir filled with cap off, the slave cracked open a hair, and you're pulling/pushing (by hand) the clutch pedal like a mad man? That's how I get it started. If you're not going balls to the wall pulling/pushing it doesn't work. At least not in my experience with empty fluid lines. Then you'll do normal bleed procedures once you see fluid leaking from the vent.

No leaks anywhere?

Corndog666

Replies thank you

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm gonna try again tonight, ill try doing it like you guys say. I was just out there and noticed when I put everything back together, the passenger side cv axle joint looks like it's not in the transmission all the way, could that have ANYTHiNG to do with it? I don't think so but maybe?