New Guy from Ohio

HitmanJ024

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site but not new to Honda's. I've been playing with a 2000 Integra LS for 4years now but it's auto so I picked up a 2000 5spd EX Coup as a project. I plan on motor swapping it and turbo eventually but I'm moving to the Orlando, Florida area sometime this year and I don't know what the laws on car modifications are there. I don't want to spend money on things that are going to be pulled off so if anyone from FL could chime in and let me know about vehicle inspections, window tint, underbody lighting, or right height laws I'd appreciate it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey man. Welcome to ClubCivic!

Funny you ask, I'm actually in Orlando (have been for 8 years). My girlfriend came from Jefferson, Ohio.

We don't have any sort of regular vehicle inspection and most cops are pretty lax around here, so long as you don't drive like a jackass. I've never had my tint checked (the front is just slightly illegal). In the past 8 years I was pulled over for my exhaust one time, but it was just outside of Orlando, and has never happened again. There are a fair amount of turbocharged / motorswapped cars over here, so I wouldn't worry about that either. Underbody lights are safe, so long as you don't use red, blue, or colors similar to red or blue. As for ride height, I've seen some really slammed cars. I've never once been pulled over or questioned about my height. I'm dropped 2.5 inches. I wouldn't recommend going too low, though. Most of the streets are in good shape, but some areas of Orlando aren't great. It all depends on which part you end up moving to.

Welcome to ClubCivic! Feel free to PM me if you have any other Orlando questions (car related or not).