New header available for 7th gen

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yikes and at $400, I think I'll keep my ceramic coated 4-1 DC header.

Nice find though.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no thanks DC, put that price way down and we'll see

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
for real. I'll go get a meghan header for 200 and still eliminate the cat. then go and get 2 new subs or a power chip for my car with the rest of the money i saved.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
4-1 numbers were better?? i would think that they would be a little more constrictive than 4-2-1. Is it just a larger collecter or what? or does the b series just respond really well to mods?? i dont have one and dont know much bout them. so i dont know.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No its because the 4-1 header's runners were as long as the 4-2-1 runners. This allowed for a larger volume of gas to enter the header. Since there was more room in the 4-1 header, the gas expanded just a little too quickly when there wasnt as much gas in the lower RPM's, that allowed the gas to cool down and therefore slow down. If they had tested a 4-2-1 header and a 4-1 header like the one shown below, the 4-1 header would show more mid-range gains while the 4-2-1 header would show higher-range gains.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hm...Vjf whats up man.
well guys, id pay $400 for that header if i actually got hp, but if im correct we dont have any hp from these, so whats the use?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nothin man, you?
You probably would see a difference since the runners are longer than the regular header style that us D17'ers are use to.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i had it on there alittle while before it went out of commission
like it alot