New here: buying a '00 with lots of stuff done and have ????s

BoostedFalcon

Ok, in an attempt get better mileage for my return to school and dropping to part time work I've been looking at Civics. To be honest I'm a v8 guy and owned Krazy Koncepts Performance for 6 years. We specialized in latemodel Mustang, Cobra, Shelby, and some GM performance.
Anyhow, I don't know much about the Honda world, but I am looking to buy a Civic tonight that has a bunch done to it. I have test driven it and everything seems flawless. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Here's the list of info:
2000 Civic EX
88k Miles
Automatic Transmission
New Falkin Tires
New Timing Belt
New Battery
Injen Intake
DC headers
AEM Cam Gear
AEM Pulleys
Crower Street Cam
Crower Springs
Crower Retainers
Throttle Body Port & Polish
Intake Manifold Port & Polish
DH-Racing Head Port & Polish
Tanabe Exhaust
TSW Rims
Rear Spoiler
Moon Roof
Air Conditioning
Sony CD Player
Clifford Alarm
Dual Air bags

Like I said before it all checks out really good and he has had all the work and maintenance done at a reputable local shop. I noticed the valve train is a bit louder than a stock Honda, but I'm assuming that is normal in a Honda with a cam swap, springs, and retainers. He's had the engine work done since '06 so I assume since it is still working good they probably did it right.

I'd be happy to hear any comments.
Thanks

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it all looks pretty good but if you are going for gas mileage you should do a auto to manny swap. but if you're gonna get a civic a 2000 is the best in my mind especially if its the y8 which is a vtec

CDubs

Registered VIP
seems to all be good this will get better mileage, i would hope the owner got a tune with all those engine mods and what not, seems good though...how much are they asking

BoostedFalcon

Scarhead- it is a vtec. I'd get a manual, but unfortunately I am paralyzed and have to use hand controls. I don't have a 3rd arm for the clutch. =)

CDubs- He was asking $5500 and I picked it up for $4900. I got the stock head, cam, pulleys, intake, throttle body, and every other stock part with the deal. So far so good. It seems to be really good. It was by FAR the best one that I test drove and the price was cheaper. The rest of the cars I drove were pretty beat on!

CDubs

Registered VIP
well im glad you were able to get it....looks like an even better deal since he gave you all the stock parts...lets see some pictures when you get a chance =)

BoostedFalcon

I just have a couple pics of it. I did take the stickers out of the windows since the picture was taken. I'm going to look for some wheels to replace those little guys.

CDubs

Registered VIP
looks good, if you ever wanna sell that valve cover ill take it off your hands for you ;) lol looks really good and clean, not really digging that intake...i know you mentioned you have a disability but if you can lower it it would look much better

CDubs

Registered VIP
i love my coilovers they are only 600 brand new...check out meng motorsports for them...they are called function and form type 1s

emerican

Registered VIP
Pretty nice man like others mentioned i would swap out the intake. It will look real good after you lower it and thats a good price espcially since you got all the stock parts. Hope its tuned though try and find that out if you can.

BoostedFalcon

It was tuned years ago. I am friends with the owners of Portland Speed Industries (PSI) here in Portland and I do some of their Ford tuning. I'm going to have them tune it for me since I don't know the Honda stuff.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks really good although i feel its kinda ricey ive always liked bays that are all color matched and s**t