New speakers in 1992 Civic LX

Patrick McNabb

5+ Year Member
I installed 4 new Pioneer A1672R 6 1/2" speakers. The factory speakers were dry rotted from Florida sun and produced little sound. After installing the new speakers I get good sound front and rear on the drivers side but the sound is faint on the passenger side. I'm wondering if this might be a tuner problem. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check all the wires, make sure you installed them right, also make sure that there isn't any bare wires touching metal. that can mess with the ohms and throw off the sound. you might have to change out the old wires.
hope that helps.
pioneer's are really good speakes, i had those in my CRX, than i got my hatch and put Sony's in the back and blaupunkt in the front, which i was told they were really good speakers. which they are, but only for about the first 3 months, now they suck

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up for pioneer speakers, have those in my hatch as well...

I also have this problem as well, and I just had to check the wiring, and it was fixed.

civictegfan

Honda Fanatic
5+ Year Member
you probably have the postive and the negative wires connected wrong...i did this in one of my civics and i just had to switch the wires around and got good sound after that. Good Luck!