New tires for 2002 Civic LX Sedan

Lesley

5+ Year Member
Hi folks,

I just recently purchased a 2002 Civic LX Sedan and need 4 new tires. Any recommendations? Also, I've noticed that the tires on the car right now are P185/65R15, but when I look online, I'm reading that I should have P185/70R14. Any ideas of what is the right tire size and what would be a good option for me? I do mostly highway driving (about 70/30 highway to city) and am looking for a mid-range tire...good quality, reliable, and durable, without spending a fortune. But I also don't want the cheapest thing out there....

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Lesley

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you can afford them (they're really not THAT expensive), look into getting some Falken Azeni's. I've got them right now and absolutely love them. Grip was improved immensely.

P185/65R15 is more likely. The last number "15" is your rim size. 7th gen civics come stock with 15" rims. I can't tell you if that entire number is correct off hand... but tha 2nd one is definitely wrong (P185/70R14)... You don't have 14" rims.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a set of bridgestone potenzas from samsclub for 250 bux. a little wider than stockers but my grip was improved excelently. wouldnt reccomend them for snow though. just like the aziens. they are not real good snow tires by any means.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good call on the snow, man. Didnt notice that he was from Canada.

Us Floridians often forget that it snows =oP

Lesley

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I'm in Canada, so I am looking for a good all-season tire -- we don't really get enough in Toronto to warrant winter tires, but having something that will be okay in wet, snowy conditions would be great.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my lx has 14"

i'm pretty sure only the ex came in 15" unless you have optional upgrade in steelies or alloys.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would never waste my money on potenza's came stock with them and they were horrible. Fuzion HRI best tie I ever had. Btw 2002 honda civic em2 coupe did come with 14's

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
most stock OEM tires on most any car are horrible. They don't make them the same as the ones you go out and buy them at a tire shop seperately. but yes the stock potenzas are terrible but then again all stockers do.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ahh, I see... so it looks like Honda f**ked with us and gave us a bunch of different rim sizes, lol.

Well, regardless. If the tires on your car say R15.. then you have 15" wheels and need to get tires that end in R15