'08 Civic: want mod suggestions

duketheboss

hi guys im new in car modifications i own a civic ex coupe 08 and i wanted to ask what is the best way to start with a limited budget, i eventually want to do a lot to the car but slowly, i will try to do myself as much as i can thanks for the help

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

What you're asking is incredible vague. It all depends on what you want. Performance mods? Style mods? If you have a limited budget and don't provide details on what you're looking for, my advice is to keep it as it is and save your money.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Well your post is a bit vague, but I think you might want to start on the maintenance first. get a jack (and some jack stands of course), go under your car and see what's looking worn out such as bushings, blown struts, worn out tires, etc. First start by the things the car NEEDS, then move to the things you can ADD. Also before you do anything to your car, I'd research a good amount on how to do it right the first time.

duketheboss

im sorry im kinda new in forums, i would like performance first, add some hp, the car is in mint condition, 25 k miles and well kept but i always wanted to make some changes to it, and what i asked is what would you start with

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
im sorry im kinda new in forums, i would like performance first, add some hp, the car is in mint condition, 25 k miles and well kept but i always wanted to make some changes to it, and what i asked is what would you start with
You don't wanna ask me what I would do, because I'm all about suspension work and wheels over having a fast car. I'm sure other people on this forum can give your better insights. But what I can tell you is that you can't just add a couple of HP with cheap money.. it usually takes a turbo, supercharger, nitrous, and other forms to be faster. Your stereotypical air intake, with headers and exhaust is not going to do you any good to be honest.

duketheboss

You don't wanna ask me what I would do, because I'm all about suspension work and wheels over having a fast car. I'm sure other people on this forum can give your better insights. But what I can tell you is that you can't just add a couple of HP with cheap money.. it usually takes a turbo, supercharger, nitrous, and other forms to be faster. Your stereotypical air intake, with headers and exhaust is not going to do you any good to be honest.

ok that is a good answer like i said i dont even know a peace od what you guys know that is why i asked that helps but you dont need to get all jumpy, i belived you were a little nicer to new people but its veri apreciated

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
ok that is a good answer like i said i dont even know a peace od what you guys know that is why i asked that helps but you dont need to get all jumpy, i belived you were a little nicer to new people but its veri apreciated
Me jumpy? Wait till other people from this forum reply to your post lmao.

duketheboss

like i said dont know crap about cars but i always wanted to do this, i never had the time i got now and i thought it was a good idea to ask around and talk to people that are involved in this but i got the wrong forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
like i said dont know crap about cars but i always wanted to do this, i never had the time i got now and i thought it was a good idea to ask around and talk to people that are involved in this but i got the wrong forum. so long
Definitely in the wrong forum, spoon feeding isn't really a thing here. Researching is the best advice for any type of project.

duketheboss

Definitely in the wrong forum, spoon feeding isn't really a thing here. Researching is the best advice for any type of project. Good luck with your project, I'm sure you'll find some people along the way who like to spoon feed.
you have to excuse my grammar skills, i was not raised in usa that is why. i am trying my best. You are right i started reading not long ago about this but i wanted to ask around, get different opinions from experienced people also. i will keep on researching. thanks anyways

duketheboss

that is very apreciated. i think we started on the wrong foot and its my fault too. thanks a lot for your help