New to civics and I just picked up an 8th gen. Came with spare parts. Help?

9ballprodigy

I live in Hawaii and I just bought a 8th gen si . I love the car so far. The previous guy put a megapower skunk2 exhaust system on it and its really aggressive so i plan on getting the silencer. and the previous owner gave me what looks like a no-name-brand Sri. Except there was no instructions just a metal tube, hose clamp on the cone filter and a piece of silicone hose. I am scouring the net for instruction on installation but I can only find cai install instructions. Could somebody point me the right way? I plan on getting an ecu reflash but the hondata site says that I need an intake to make the best use of it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey, 9ball, welcome to the site! Make sure you post tech questions in the appropriate sections. This section is for new member introductions (that's probably why you haven't received a response yet). I'll go ahead and move this thread now.

In the meantime, installing a sri is usually very similar to installing a cai, just less tube. You'll remove your stock airbox and install the pipes/filter where it used to be. That's how it is on 7th gen civics, anyway. I assume it'll be the same for the 8th gen.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:welcome:

An SRI should be a fairly straight forward install. Bolt off the stock airbox and tubing, there should be a small pipe/silicone tube that goes from the intake tubing to the intake manifold. Disconnect it all, connect the new intake and air filter, connect the silicone hose to the new intake tubing, then to said port on the intake manifold, done deal!