New to forum, my 00 civic

DavidGarcia

Respected
Welcome aboard from another newbie! Congrats on your Civic, it looks really nice. What are your plans on it? This forum seems to be a very nice and friendly community. Have fun surfing around!

Cj00civic

Thanks brotha! I'm gonna keep it stock for now just getting it running right then intake, exhaust, wheels ,stretched tires, lower it a little, tint the windows and throw my stereo in.

Cj00civic

Yes sir it is there is air entering the crankcase from cyl 2 no smoke from exhaust and no oil on the plug we are tearing down this afternoon

Update:1
Two valves are done

Probably gonna get a junkyard motor for now core is only 50 dollars so I will save this block and rebuild it later

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Cj00civic

She is up and running and has been for about 4 months no issues been slowly working out the kinks it had when I got it it now has jdm d15b non vtec needs valve adjustment I think next on my list after that will be full exhaust

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why a full exhaust? Is the current one damaged? An aftermarket exhaust wont do much on a stock engine. Installing a quality muffler alone will save you money & improve the sound, if thats what youre after.

Cj00civic

I am doing a header and muffler and for that price I can just get a full exhaust system and open it up a bit more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am doing a header and muffler and for that price I can just get a full exhaust system and open it up a bit more
For what its worth, I hope youre aware that a quality built muffler with stock piping on an unmodified engine is more effective than less quality full system. Are you going up to just 2" or 2.25"? And what brands are you chosing?

Cj00civic

I would like to go up to 2.25 for the future and I have to do it on a low budget and get it piece by piece month to month as I have a newborn daughter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk