new to honda!!!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats, fellow Cuban. Do provide some details on it. Any plans on changing the yellow on the rims?

cubanboy1993

yes im planning on changing rims, not sure what to get yet, it has a engine swapp when the guy sold it to me,he never told me what engine he put on it, so im still stuck on that, so i might just replace it later on in the future, i got to do alot of work on it since engine light is on, tried replacing o2 sensor because it was going bad the light stayed off for about 3 hours, then it came back on so now im not sure what it is..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Post pictures of the engine so we may help. Start doing alot of research online before making any decisions. Get a basic code scanner online for about $15-$20. Its a great investment.

cubanboy1993

thats the engine they put, and i went to autozone to get the engine codes and they said that the ecm is running low? and that the other codes are probably wrong because of that

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats the engine they put, and i went to autozone to get the engine codes and they said that the ecm is running low? and that the other codes are probably wrong because of that.
Being that Im not familiar with your generation of Civic, I cant identify the engine by appearance, but if you look under that left hose on the transmission you should see a stamp with a code on it beginning with a letter, 2 numbers another letter, and 1 number (ex: D17A1). Also, you should've asked AutoZone for the codes so you can research them online, because what they said doesnt make sense. You may have misunderstood them. Its possible the engine swap wiring was done incorrectly, and theres likely no way for us to tell you how to fix that when you're clearly not automotively inclined, but at least we can point you in the right direction.

cubanboy1993

i did ask for the codes, one was possible failed ecm, code number p1298 and the other was the 02 sensor that i replaced

but you are right im not automotively inclined, but im trying to be so and learn more about cars so i wont have this type of problems in the future

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Learn to search, man. Trying to learn about cars with an engine swapped car and not knowing how it was done is like learning to swim in deep water with strong rip tides. You better find a reputable mechanic and expect to pay to figure this out. Chances are something electrical was done wrong. For your sake, I hope you bought an NTK O2 and not a cheap Bosch one.

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/p1298-eld-high-input.222554/

By the way, please avoid creating multiple threads. Both your threads have to do with each other. I'm notifying the admins to merge them because your lack of power in higher gears and problems listed here all likely have to do with the mysterious engine swap it had done. And you posted all this in the show-off section instead of the tech section. Please pay attention to these things.

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/no-power.228516/#post-3425349

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No surprise there. if you dont tell them you want quality parts, then they'll likely slap on the cheapest they can find. Lesson learned. prepare to change it again roughly within 5 years.

bairdandrew77

That engine is just another D17 (A1, A2, A7 etc). Maybe it's a base model car and they swapped in a vtec motor. Or maybe the old engine blew and they just put in a replacement. Then said it's been swapped to make it sound cooler. It's a good reliable engine, just nothing special and not performance minded

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

cubanboy1993

thank you that should be good news at least, but they took the vtech off this motor doesnt have a vtech at least thats what i was told when i got it checked yeaterday
That engine is just another D17 (A1, A2, A7 etc). Maybe it's a base model car and they swapped in a vtec motor. Or maybe the old engine blew and they just put in a replacement. Then said it's been swapped to make it sound cooler. It's a good reliable engine, just nothing special and not performance minded

bairdandrew77

Perhaps the car never came with it and they just put another non vtec motor in. There's no way to know with the limited information available

CaseyC92

That's a D17a1 without the vanity cover over the coils as far as I can see, it's the same motor I'm stuck with at the moment.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a D17a1 without the vanity cover over the coils as far as I can see, it's the same motor I'm stuck with at the moment.
Please pay attention to the dates as this post is 4.5 months old.