1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

New to Hondas but not to forums

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by jvspecv, Dec 3, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

Hi all! I’m new to the Honda scene but no stranger to modding vehicles. I’m originally a Nissan guy but while I’m having a motor swap done on my Sentra, I figured I’d dabble in the Civic world. I knew they were fairly easy to mod personally so I thought I would check the forums for how to’s and mod lists. I’m starting to gather that I have stumbled upon the bastard child of the Civic world. I bought an ‘01 Civic LX and it already has an intake, CD player, amp, subs, and tein adjustables. Other than that, this thing is still stock. I’m searching the forum for aftermarket parts or conversions but I cannot find anything for my model. I’ve tried the search option and it’s not turning up anything definitive. I’ve tried 01 Civic, LX, D17A1......can someone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Save your time and money, run it as a simple daily driver, enjoy it for what it is.
    One of the most undesirable Civics of the past decade.
    That motor has nearly nothing to do with prior d-series motors and the cost vs. benefit for the aftermarket isn't there.

3. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yep. Those 7th gen D-series cars don't have a lot of simple mods. Your best bet is an all-or-nothing type thing. Aka leave as is, or do a full engine swap with a K-series motor... which is a LOT of work compared to swapping on other Civic models.

4. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

At this point, I’m not lookin to go full on race car in a $3k beater. I would be more interested in suspension/brake mods that actually work. Finding good, used suspension stuff and brake stuff is pretty hard in the Nissan world.

5. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

6. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

What do you mean by "that actually work"? I guess what are your overall goals? Looking for a drop in height? Looking for better handling? Looking to dump it low?

Are you looking for adjustable ride height (coilovers) or fixed ride height (strut/spring combo). I strongly suggest coilovers if you drive the car all year round and get decent amounts of snow.

Personally, I have Tein Street Advance coiliovers... a step up from your entry level ones. I'm quite happy with them. I can stiffen then up for autocross or spirited driving, and can soften them for normal driving.

7. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

Pretty much, whatever makes it handle/stop better. I have TEIN’s as well so it does sit low. I’m just not looking to set my camber from m factory to hovercraft. Strut braces, tie bars, sway bars, larger calipers, etc.

8. XpL0d3r

All should be easy to find, with maybe the exception of larger calipers. You're going to pay $ for those unless you find them used..

9. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

I’m looking for all used items........I’m not dumping thousands of dollars into new handling/braking parts.

10. XpL0d3r

That's probably something you should have stated in the beginning.

Hit up Craigslist or Honda Tech classified. Search 7th gen Civic parts or something. Terms such as D17A1 is irrelevant as that's the motor stamp, not a chassis code. 04-05 suspension parts may be different than 01-03 parts. Bolts that mount the front struts to the hub are different sizes. Not sure about Si parts.

11. boofoo

Wut? I demand that you have mind reading powers!

:P

12. civteck

civteck Respected

Isnt this the hand me down honda game?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

13. boofoo

Wut? A Game? The Honda Civic is serious business!

:P

14. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

I figured the 01 LX gave it away.

15. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

Because race car.

16. civteck

civteck Respected

This sums it up lol[​IMG]

Sent from my boujea ass phone

17. boofoo

How poor are you when you conclude that used brake parts are a viable option? Even the shitty Civic econobox, death trap demands proper maintance to ensure a modicum of safety.

Buy a bicycle!

=)

18. jvspecv

jvspecv New Member

Used brake pros, brembo, or stop tech calipers aren’t a deal worth looking for?

19. boofoo

Do you mean used or rebuilt?

20. XpL0d3r

Nope. I buy new parts for my 02 RSX all the time. s**t, you can even get brand new early 90's Civic parts off the ClubCivic store. :lol: