"New" to me '98 Civic

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've driven Hondas', mainly Civics for the past 20 yrs, kind of a brand loyalist.
Been driving a beat up, auto '96 Dx, strictly a commuter, but it was getting pretty beat with 182k on it, rotten, suspension clunking and overall on it's way to the scrap heap.

Hit CL and found this little gem, '98 Ex w/ about 114k on it, 5 spd, unmolested and owned by a couple in their 60's who used it as a 3rd car.
It needed a good cleaning in and out, swapped some things from the old car over to the "new" one (headlights and wheels), but it cleaned up real nice and runs amazing! Everything works, AC, heat, windows, mirrors and roof! Inspection sticker shows 112k miles at time of inspection, cluster needed to be replaced and was done with a auto cluster with just over 120k on it, hence the auto cluster in it.
. 98 Ex driver.jpg 98 Ex passenger.jpg 182k.jpg Twin Civic.jpg civic rear.jpg interior.jpg

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still running awesome and realizing how bad my old coupe was compared to this!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbup: do you plan on modifying it?
Other than cosmetics, no.
I plan on properly maintaining it, driving it day to day, enjoying the reliability, fuel mileage and simplicity.
This generation is the last one which stays true to it's roots.
The 7th gen was a hiccup on the downward spiral and on it's way to becoming Honda's "2nd Accord".

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Other than cosmetics, no.
I plan on properly maintaining it, driving it day to day, enjoying the reliability, fuel mileage and simplicity.
This generation is the last one which stays true to it's roots.
YES! Another responsibly owned Civic saved from the hands of an Uncle Bens sponsored kid.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YES! Another responsibly owned Civic saved from the hands of an Uncle Bens sponsored kid.
Right now, the most I would want to do to it is get a set of 15" wheels, 99-00 coupe tails, square fogs and maybe the taller OEM rear spoiler.
Nothing drastic or crazy.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, that sounds tasteful. How about the suspension?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats fair enough. Ride them until they break down then consider upgrades.

lunder03

Respected
Right now, the most I would want to do to it is get a set of 15" wheels, 99-00 coupe tails, square fogs and maybe the taller OEM rear spoiler.
Nothing drastic or crazy.
Are you talking after marker rims and tires or oem's?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

lunder03

Respected
Either, it would depend on exactly what they were.
I have a set of fairly nice 15" stock aluminum rims and tires with pretty decent tread that I had on my "04" civic ex before an upgrade.

I don't know where you're from, but I'll let them go cheap...$15 bones each or $50 for all four. Can post pics if you're interested?

Just trying to help a fellow Honda owner...they're just setting in my garage taking up space and looking pretty...lol.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk