New to the forum

Ethan391

Ok guys, I'm new to this forum and new to the civic world. I've got an automatic 2010 civic lx coupe. It's my DD, so I'm not looking to build a race car, but I definitely would like to add things like a CAI, or headers, and lowering springs.

Soo, my questions are, what should be my first priority? And what is best? If I go with a CAI, is a short ram better? and how so? What brand works for you guys? Also, I'm reading about intake manifolds. Would that make any difference?

Like I said guys, I'm not looking to build a race car. I know it's an LX, and it's an automatic. But I'd still like to have a little fun with it. So any positive advice is appreciated. Thanks!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Best I can say for you is to research, research, research. You don't really give a clear goal in your post and the reply changes based on that.

Someone correct me if I am wrong as I don't really know the ins and outs of the 8th gens. The motor in your car should be the 1.8 baby motor that was built for gas mileage. To squeeze out any real power out of that you are going to have to drop lots of money. Intake, header, and exhaust aren't going to give you much noticeable power. All improve sound to a good extent but don't add much power. Intake manifold might do something, but again it most likely won't do enough based on how much you are going to spend in the long run.

Your only option for power is boost or swap in a bigger motor and if you do, I would highly recommend ditching the automatic.

As far as lowering springs, I would recommend looking through the sticky at the top of the suspension section. It goes over a LOT that has to do with lowering suspensions.