Newbie - Engine swap question

tdot_civicgirl

Hi Guys,
New to the forum, great site! Lots of info!! Lookin for some advise ... I have a 98 civic coupe and I would like to do an engine swap, which engine would you guys recommend? And....I'd like to turbo it as well :shock: So what Im asking is which is a good engine (Ie: GSR) to swap and turbo for this car?? It's an auto want to convert to stick
Thanks for your advise

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are your power goals and budget. also look through some of the build threads and see what other people are doing

tdot_civicgirl

Budget.....modest, lol.....Goals? Id like to have a turbo for sure! But I want to know which motor I can build on that will fit in my car =)

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
there is some sticky's for engine swaps and turbo's.....read them over as they may be able to give you some info also

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
There is very little in motors that won't fit your car... long as its from a Honda! Many companies provide conversion kits for motor mounts and such! Just look around and yes, a LS/V Would be a good motor! Just build it ! The more you do, the more it's gonna cost you.... after you have a turbo set up, then comes tuning... which costs more money again!

RonJ

Banned
Yep, as mentioned, it's best to do the research first and then create a thread when you have formulated specific questions.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B series is gonna be the best engine for a first swap.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
for sure do your research. imo id sell your car and buy a decent one that is a standard already to save some trouble. as far as motors depends, d series, bseries, h,k,j. ls/vtec boost and gsr are the best bet though.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any engine can be turbo'd. It all depends on your budget and how thorough you want to be. Everyone has their own opinions. There are 400HP+ d-series, b-series, k-series... It just depends on what you prefer. Your budget has a lot to do with it though. What is a "modest" budget? If you're swapping, I would say expect to spend $4-5000 minimum. But I've been out of the loop as far as swaps go so I don't know really prices anymore.