newbie question for rolling/pulling fenders

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
I currently have 205-45-16 tires and i plan to lower my car only an inch or so. Will i need to roll or pull my fenders? If so, what is the process exactly to roll fenders vs. pull fenders? Stupid question i know but i have yet to meet anyone who has done it.
Thanks for the replies.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
an inch really isnt that low, but rolling them cant hurt and is best to use the eastwood tool or comparable. I have seen people use a bat and whatever but i prefer things done the right way. I found a guy to do all 4 for 50 bucks

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
What is the eastman tool? Why does it sound like rolling fenders is not good at all for the fender. And what is the difference from rolling a fender to pulling a fender.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
an inch really isnt that low, but rolling them cant hurt and is best to use the eastwood tool or comparable. I have seen people use a bat and whatever but i prefer things done the right way. I found a guy to do all 4 for 50 bucks
Glad I don't live in Nashville. That right there is a steal. I'm the cheapest around and I do it for 150 for all 4 and stay pretty busy.

Like said above, an inch isn't a lot at all but you didn't give us enough information. Tire size is all great but what is it going on? If its going on a 16x6.5 +35 no need to bother. If its going on a 16x9 0 then we may have an issue. Need specs on the wheels to really tell you.

The difference between rolling and pulling is with rolling your just rolling that lip on the inside flat. With a pull you're doing just that. You're actually stretching the metal and making the fender pull out. You can't pull without a roll.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Glad I don't live in Nashville. That right there is a steal. I'm the cheapest around and I do it for 150 for all 4 and stay pretty busy.

Like said above, an inch isn't a lot at all but you didn't give us enough information. Tire size is all great but what is it going on? If its going on a 16x6.5 +35 no need to bother. If its going on a 16x9 0 then we may have an issue. Need specs on the wheels to really tell you.

The difference between rolling and pulling is with rolling your just rolling that lip on the inside flat. With a pull you're doing just that. You're actually stretching the metal and making the fender pull out. You can't pull without a roll.
I have 205-45-16 for tire size. The rim size is 16x7 +38 offset. I only plan to drop it an inch to inch and a half on coilovers. Is this enough information?

I just looked at eastwood's website... what tool is it? Also, wouldnt it hurt the paint?
Thanks guys for the great info

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
You should be fine. I heat the paint up with a heat gun before I do it so the paint is more flexible and doesnt crack.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
That makes sense. Thanks for the info. I cant wait to get the rims on tomorrow!! Coils wont be until monday -.-