Nitrous on stock bottom end

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an NOS system that cam with 50, 60, &70 jets. Would a stock bottom end hold up to more than 50? Only gonna be used for dyno and track runs, so it wont be every day use.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lets see a stock engine has around 110hp......stock block can handle around 220.....so IMO i think you should be able to run the 70hp jet np.....then again i dont know s**t about nitrous so let someone else answer this.....i know more about turbos than nitrous lol

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol yea same here i know more about turbos than nitrous. this is my 1st adventure with it

fsteclipsegst

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
5+ Year Member
Id run a small 50 shot just to be safe...

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what i thought too but im not sure. I guess I should have mentioned its a stock y8 bottom end

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ask occivic...i think hes been running a 70 shot for way over a yr now on stock y8...he seems to know a lot about nitrous.

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It might blow up your car. Like in Fast and Furious. Lol, jk, had to say something.. I know nothing of nitrous, so sorry of being absolutely no benefit to this thread.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dry system and the only engine management i have is an apexi vafc

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What ever you do, don't use the afc hack for your nos. If you're going 70 shot dry, look into a stage kit and some sort of chipping kit. (hondata, uberdata, ...well, ask your tunner what they're familiar with). You don't want 70 shot all at once and leaned out.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't need a computer for nitrous especially at this low of a shot.. the additional fuel for a dry kit is provided via the factory fuel system.. you COULD use a vafc to bump the fuel delivery a little bit if you want to be on the safe side.. to clarify.. i have a y8 also and have been running nitrous for 5+ years... i typically run a 60 shot.. but i do on occasion run a 70 shot... i only run 93/94 octane gas.. my plugs are one heat range colder and i have a good fuel pump (255lph) the biggest issue i see with the dry kit is poor nitrous distribution OR a shitty failing beat stock pump dying.. either of these will create a very lean situation and most likely cause damage.. the reason a dry kit is sketchy at a higher shot is because the nitrous distribution tends to be uneven and the fuel distribution IS even.. so sometimes one cylinder gets too much nitrous while another may get too much fuel.. a wet kit solves this problem by premixing the nitrous and fuel.. i would say you could possibly run up to a 70 shot providing you run good fuel.. good pump... colder plugs.. and just keep an eye on it... keeping in mind that ANY shot COULD blow up the motor.. even just that 50 shot..

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jason_guy_yeah said:
What ever you do, don't use the afc hack for your nos. If you're going 70 shot dry, look into a stage kit and some sort of chipping kit. (hondata, uberdata, ...well, ask your tunner what they're familiar with). You don't want 70 shot all at once and leaned out.
Thanks for the advice. I also found a nitrous controller that is suppsoed to allow me to control the flow of nitrous based on rpm or allow me to select what gear the nitrous is activated in. I will definately look into a hondata or uberdata to do it correctly.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you read what i wrote... :oh:

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the words of wisom man. I was hopin you would fill me in on all my possible situations and stuff. I appriciate it alot.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"retard the timing like crazy"

someone posted this and then deleted it, but they are right.. retarding timing a little bit will actually help protect the motor..

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
"retard the timing like crazy"

someone posted this and then deleted it, but they are right.. retarding timing a little bit will actually help protect the motor..
That was going to be my next question because the instrutions say not to use with devices that advance or retard the timing. I have heard to retard the timing but i wasnt sure.